murloc

for some reason murlocs have a scale pattern on their backs, for green murlocs the pattern is blue, I had to wait for the paint to dry so I could put my mesh on without screwing up the paint. for this i used Dupli-color's blue anodized

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    826.2 KB · Views: 54
well added the side stripes, unfortunately the blue i was gonna use went bad so I substituted a different color it works for me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
ok i have decided that for this project i will do it real time, so you can see the process. I really don't like the way the illustration had the eyes look, so I looked at real frog eyes and decided to paint these like I would do a frog lure so I painted the background with testor's flat brass,and am allowing it to dry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 53
eyes, teeth and side markings painted ( yeah the lines are shakey but so are the original ones ) when paint dries i will add the quills

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 53
ok murloc's quills have been added in a full threat / aggressive display shown next to a murloc themed fishing lure I made several years ago, next will come pictures with the base

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    874.5 KB · Views: 53
on it's base, funny thing is look how well it blends in from the back

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    903.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    827.6 KB · Views: 53
I think you completely pulled off the realistic, taxidermy look you were going for. That is definitely a murloc. +1 to it being a great display.

thank you, yesterday my daughter took me to visit the Queen Mary ship in long beach, ca and while we were there she was catching pokeman, i was thinking it could be mistaken for one lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back