DIY spiderman faceshell WIP

PooMmm

Hey guys,
From the past few years I have learnt a lot of new technique and stuff, so I decided to finish something i have started; TASM 2 faceshell :)
I once made a suit which doesnt turn out as I was expected, so I decided to redo it and this time i will start will something small first. So I decided to make the mask first instead of making the whole suit.

I have sculpted a faceshell from scratch and have been looking at loads of reference photos I could find on the internet. And then these last few week I finally got the result I am after. I cut out the faceshell from the foam head structure and filled as many holes as possible and sanded it down.

The shell has been through lots and lots of paint coatings, fillers and a lot of sanding. I think i did about 3 layers of paint laying around my house to be able to see all the holes and high and low spots i need to fill and a load of filler and sanding.

The lenses were just my old ones made from kitchen mesh and stuff.
Sorry for the poor quality photo. more will come later
FullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

So along the way, i decided to make myself a new mask. I used my old pattern that I have and copied it on to the fabric. It's time to sew it all together!

What do you guys think? Please let me know :))

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
So, i have finished sewing up the mask and glued it on to the faceshell. I have decided to vacuum form the faceshell so the it is wearable. Here are the finished product
what do you guys think???
I still dont know how to do the webbing though. I have some ideas but dont know if it will work or not, will post more pics later

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 94
More pics of the mask with the faceshell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back