New alternative for Solo Blaster

I'm not 100% sure it's sized the same it's for a Mere Sonn power 5 kit. You need three to make a grill? I'm not
sure how that works. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Are these wider than a denix or other makers? I get a 7/8 width, and I'm not sure there is maker of heat sinks that makes them that thick.
Should I be looking for something in particular? I'm also not sure the best source for more accurate grips.

On the [WE based] airsoft blaster in this thread, I measured a width under the radiator part of 0.94 inches.

The HFC (from Force Awakens) is 0.916 inches at this point.

A resin Denix C96 measures 0.78 inches at the front edge but it gets wider as you move further back. Don't know how that compares to a real C96 or an original Denix.

Edit: I didn't measure the WE and HFC in the same way... after re-measuring they come out to about the same: 0.91 inches at the front with a gradual taper to approx 0.925 inches at the back of the radiator piece.

Last edited:
I measured the opening width of the grill I took off the blaster and I got .875 inches, but I was just using a regular ruler.

I'm not 100% sure it's sized the same it's for a Mere Sonn power 5 kit. You need three to make a grill? I'm not
sure how that works. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I'm working in a mini tutorial, will have it up in my dl44 thread soon. Basically you just need the wider bottom part of the cylinder. Cut off the tapered part of 3 of them and cut a slot in to fit the mauser. Then on the upper 2 you need to cut away the shapes to accommodate the mystery disk and scope mount. Look closely at pics of the ANH blaster and you can see where the 3 parts mate up.

I discovered a nice little surprise with the scope on this replica. I took apart the adjustment knob on the scope last night and found that it is actually functional. If you look thru the scope and as you turn the knob from 1 to 10 the cross hairs will rise in the scope. A nice detail that I didn't expect.

I bought a heat sink from shipways and it did not even come close to fitting. These are thicker than a Denix and thinner than
the cheap plastic airsofts that are readily available. I have not idea where to go to replace the heat sink. I think that it the
most noticeable flaw of this replica. Followed by the grips. Anyone have any ideas?

I bought a heat sink from shipways and it did not even come close to fitting. These are thicker than a Denix and thinner than
the cheap plastic airsofts that are readily available. I have not idea where to go to replace the heat sink. I think that it the
most noticeable flaw of this replica. Followed by the grips. Anyone have any ideas?

Email Dave at Dark Energy Creations and see if he has any extra parts. His TFA parts are for the HFC and I don't know what your base gun is but they should work:

http://darkenergycreations.com/dl44tfakit.aspx

I received mine..
a5085dc8c38607238c83e3947946ac31.jpg
6ea332b9771f0829a91648fef1a5ef3b.jpg
8feb3ff28dab1b091a423fa325b7845a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Evike's new DL-44 Airsoft Gun

That looks identical to the DL44 airsoft alternative that has its own thread here. I'm betting it's the same manufacturer

I'm no expert (consult the other threads here for that :) ), but I believe the silver disk was machined out of the body. My introduction to obsessing over the DL-44 was the Tested article and video, and I'm not yet at the point of wanting an accurate one myself - just good enough for trooping now.

Here's mine after about an hour with some sandpaper and steel wool. I feel I went a little overboard on the barrel of the flash hider - I got distracted a critical moment and had high contrast black/silver banding that didn't look good, so I had to take it down to a more uniform silver. The finish flips very very quickly from black to silver - takes a while to have any noticeable effect at all with #0000 steel wool, and then BAM! Down to bare metal in an instant.

View attachment 669124View attachment 669123

Again, I'm not going for any kind of accurizing with the damage here, just an appropriate level of wear.
This is much more accurate to TFA, where they have a cylindrical disc attached to the gun. in ANH there is no physical disc. Something (probably a Michell turntable pulley) was glued to the gun and painted. The silver is exposed metal leftover after the greeblie popped off.

Anyone who has bought this replica do not buy a stand from TS Hobbies. They do not fit! As a matter of fact I have two
different Mauser replicas and they don't fit either. I sent a message to them to ask if the stands are intended for a specific
brand/maker of Mauser. If it is I sure wish that was in the description.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back