Fallout 4 T60 Power Armor and Frame (Pic Heavy)

So now that I've got most of the fiber-glassing out of the way and everything is pretty much holding it's shape, I'm ready to mock up some of the attachments. Since the heel piece is half open and almost all empty space, I filled the bottom with rondo and reinforce the shell with several layers of fiberglass and screwed it directly into the ankle portion. The To is another enclosed piece, so it's just filled with rondo and expanding foam for support, same as the ankle assembly. That's got a mondo screw going through it into the ankle extension. The ankle it's is mounted to the leg with a couple L brackets and screwed directly into the rondo filling the bottom of the leg. Still working on the back calf opening mechanism. The lower calf gets stopped by the heel before it can fully open, but I'm thinking I might use some kind of slide out hinge or something.
Anyway, pictures:

20170116_163904.jpg
20170116_163927.jpg
Ankle attachment.jpg
20170117_141317.jpg
20170117_141548.jpg

There was a little flexing in the foot, but I reinforced it with another later of fiberglass mat and it's holding up a treat now. Next step is to actually insert the pivot rod in the ankle and take a few test steps.

I've been working on a cosply-type suit of my own, but with no frame. I think it will just be sewn or zip-tied onto a black long-sleeved shirt and pants, but I want something a little bit more intricate. Plus, it is FO3 Outcast paint, so i would like to know some good tips on making scratched and worn paint that don't involve dragging it down the street behind a bicycle. If you have any ideas on these, that would help a lot.

I started my power armor in June 2017, It will be mostly finished this week. I've gone through multiples designs, built it in AutoCad, and am ultimately successful. i used the pdo file you all used, except I transferred it to EVA foam, and built a steal and aluminum frame to support it. so its power armor, with a power armor frame, which has a steel frame inside. I'm finishing up the foam pieces, and I"m putting motors in, so it can open and close. I have it free standing upright, when I'm not in the power armor. In reality i have about a year's worth of work left, however I'm entering it into a competition, and my deadline is march 4th 2018, so i have until Friday (02/23/18) to finish it, make a video submission for pre-judging, and then i have to get it submitted before march 4th. After the competition, I'd be more than happy to share my resources with everyone who is working on making their own power armor. Though for the autocad files, you will need autocad 2018 to be able to view it, and the software is pricey.26805066_875332759302666_3845186339392803550_n.jpg

Video -------> https://www.facebook.com/daijobu.ku...703643617/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

Also I'm going to put up a few videos a day as i finish it, over then next week. If you want to see them, it will be on the facebook page that the video is on. The videos should help you understand the design a bit better.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back