Red Hood Sith

DGKulprit6

Hello, I will be making a Red Hood Sith. Part one will be for MegaCon Tampa(if i can get the $$ in time) and Part 2 will be for MegaCon Orlando 2017.
Part 1 consists of me getting the basic concept of what I want down pictured below. The holster set up will be red, however I don't exactly know how I want the holster style to be. I definitely want 2 blasters so I was thinking Jango Fett style for starters. Below is also the 1st part that I am able to work on. I bought these shin guards for my red hood but I didn't like how they looked so I almost threw them away. Before I did I put one on my arm for S&G's and thought they looked like perfect bracers. For part 2 of these I want to put blades (like typical Bat-Family have) on the sides but have have them light up Red like the lightsaber. That's not until March so i have time to figure that part out but I have some ideas about using the small LED strips from auto parts stores. The base of the costume is pretty much an anikin skywalker jedi costume but I am playing around with a Darth Maul style concept as well(I will post that concept when I get it together).
Polyvore Concept.JPGPhoto Aug 02, 9 37 20 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 03, 7 23 54 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 02, 9 45 31 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 03, 7 24 09 PM.jpg
I will be using my Red Hood Helmet that i have used for previous red hood costumes I have done because its the perfect helmet for any Red Hood fan. It is kinda tight and I had issues at megacon this year where I actually was cutting my head every time I took it off and put it on. I replaced the Plastic mesh (which is what was cutting my head)
I had in originally with the possibility of doing nothing at all or a thin white fabric that i can kinda see through. I really liked the plastic mesh look so if i can figure out a way to make that work without cutting my head (without modifying the helmets structure its a really nice piece of work and I dont want to risk ruining it completely)
Photo Aug 08, 7 12 33 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 08, 6 06 07 PM.jpg
Any tips or tricks you guys have would be appreciated and i hope to be posting as i go about making this build. I currently made medical changes to my life and have never been able to focus the way I have been since. I am really excited about actually making more detailed costumes and challenging myself. Ive always liked working with my hands ive just never had the drive to finish anything very time consuming or drawn out in stages waiting on money or trying to learn a process before actually trying it on the real thing.

I hope you guys enjoy. More Pics to be coming soon.
Thanks for Reading.

So far I've gotten the design down and my bracers are in progress. Using my dremel I will be shaving down some of the excess plastic i don't want on the sides where the original clips held on to the shin. I decided to get rid of them because i didn't like that they stood out and the clasp didn't seem that reliable.
I found a bronze color sharpie (I have NO clue where or when i would have bought that) and it worked perfect for marking on the black. I will be keeping one of these in my arsenal of tools in my work station. I glued the straps using E600 glue but i will be sewing (by hand ill let you know how that one goes) the Velcro on tonight to hold the bracers on. If all goes well tonight my bracers will be done. I guess could glue the Velcro on but I feel something this small would be a good 1st time by hand sewing job.
Side View with Glue.jpgSide View Gauntlet.jpg

Came home from work today and did some more work on my bracers. Only a few details that I want to add to this phase and they're done. I took the top part off of one to see how it looked and I liked it. Also I can reattach it without too much trouble so when I get my robes I can see what looks better with them. I like the red and black gloves with it but I also like the all black so I like that I have options for if i decide to go one way or the other. I will be putting a Red Hood symbol on the rounded part at the top of each along with some red vinyl over the round logo disc but over the whole triangle space, I think that will really make the red parts pop. I decided to only sew 1 of them, it was a lot more pain than I thought and I figured why make it harder than it needs to be. Keep it simple and just glue it. I did run out of clamps so I had to improvise with whatever I could find that had some weight to it. When I finish these i'm going to have to wait on some money to move on to getting the soft parts for the costume so ill probably work on some Foam Armor for my New 52 Red Hood to add to him. I have a crap load of materials that I bought about 2 years ago but never got around to making anything but now I am actually getting things accomplished and making progress.
Photo Aug 10, 8 22 57 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 10, 8 23 57 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 10, 8 24 44 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 10, 8 25 21 PM.jpgPhoto Aug 10, 9 16 56 PM.jpg

Decided to go to Fan Fest Orlando and only had 4 days after I decided to go to pull something together. So I used my gauntlets I made for my sith and I took a jacket
(I actually wanted to return because it came in the wrong size and the company said to just keep the jacket and they will give me a full refund) that i cut the sleeves off of to make another version of Red hood I feel it's similar to convergence but I used black instead of what they used in the comics for the pants. Unfortunately for this event I forgot my boots I wanted to wear and due to the event rules I was not aloud to bring my guns in. That's why I don't have a full body shot, and you can ignore the gatorade bottle in my holster that I forgot was there. The photos were taken by The Project - A CosPlay Portrait Study the photographers were awesome. I got a lot more photos but I only bought a few.
I do intend on finishing the red hood sith but i just wanted to post this as well.
Photo Sep 17, 10 06 44 AM.jpgPhoto Sep 17, 10 08 26 AM - Copy.jpg

Well after along time I have finally gotten somewhere on this costume here's an update. I decided to make gauntlets from scratch and I am also working on shin guards too. I have a mask from TigerstoneFX getting here soon to replace the one I made and I will be adding the symbol and some red accents to the costume as well. I haven't decided if I am going to wear the helmet or the mask with the costume yet. When I get the other mask in the mail ill take some full body photos to decide that.
IMG_8241.JPGIMG_8248.JPGIMG_8317.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8317.JPG
    IMG_8317.JPG
    872.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8248.JPG
    IMG_8248.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8241.JPG
    IMG_8241.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 55
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back