Captain Cardboard news- please read

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Have not seen this posted yet. Read this over on SSM and thought I'd post the link here. It appears Scott Alexander has had a stroke. please read the post from his Atomic City forum. Prayers to Scott and his family for a speedy recovery.

Link removed- excerpts from his website-

"Unfortunately it is so. I received a quick note from Scott about this a week or so back. He said he would write more soon, but I have not heard back from him again. I initially didn't want to say anything on the AC forum out of privacy, but since the basic info is already out there, it seems prudent to let people know."

"I had a short phone call with him last week. He was tired. Let me know he'd had the stroke but not more and would get back to me later. "

Last edited:
That's horrible news. Here's to a fast and full recovery!

That link, however, sent my virus filter, and the browser, into fits. I had to ctrl-alt-delete the program, the popups were so tenacious. Check it, please?

I hope he has a speedy recovery. That's probably going to be tough on him in the future too.

I can't recommend going to that site. I get ransomware problems when I visit Atomic City, when I have Java turned on. Unfortunately the site needs fixing. Is there any way you can paste the message here?

Link removed to the Atomic City website due to the pop ups and stuff. I added a few of the comments posted on his website.

I have his big Space Pod kit and it is the finest resin model kit I have seen- I preordered the 15" Aries 1b because of it (both are grail kits for me).
This is such a terrible thing to happen to such a great person- here's for a quick recovery!

That's really awful news.

For many years I would not touch garage kits after being ripped off by a well known person. I decided to go to Scott a couple of years ago based on the feedback from the RPF community. He was a breath of fresh air to deal with, and his 2001 Space Pod is a fantastic kit.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Any new news on Scott? I went to the Atomic City sight and looked all around, but only found info in the Omniblab section. What I found was about the same info as what is posted here. Has any one some new news as to Scott's health and the future of Atomic City?
Thanks and take care, Tim

Carson Dyle and I spoke with him on the phone separately late last week. Frankly, it was hard to detect any deficiencies in his speech. Apparently, as far as strokes go, this one was VERY mild. (Though Scott did say he DOESN'T recommend them.) And I guess the prognosis is good and hopefully there won't be any lingering issues once the body resets itself.

Gene

If he indeed had a mini-stroke, he could recover almost fully. 2 of my co-workers have had them...after a few months, you'd never know anything was ever wrong.

I have been so busy with things this is the first time I have heard about this.
I will try to give him a call soon.

Has anyone heard from Scott?

I purchased an Orion shuttle from him on Ebay back on Sept 24th. On Sept 29th he said it would ship "next week". No word since.
Message I sent a few days ago has not been answered.

Has he had a relapse?

I would really like to receive this kit and not a refund. Also Ebay refund policy expires after 30 days, too late for a refund.
I mistakenly thought that if he had a kit listed on Ebay that it was available and ready to ship.

He posted this on Starship Modeller on Oct 24th:

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Yes, it really hard to type, but I am very happy to be HERE!! Nothing to report for now, but I am nearly recovered, though the closer to normal I feel, the harder it is to be normal. I can lift a half-full bottle of resin without shaking, so I look on that as very close.

I'll be writing again soon and I have some really good news, happening in March. So let me say good night to all until I can post more easily,

Scott

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back