Captain Cardboard news- please read

I was wondering the same thing. I bought one of his x-wing kits about a month ago, and still waiting for him to ship.

I wish him a speedy, and complete recovery.

I ordered a Aries 1B in 2000.
I got it last year after getting vocal on the forums.
After all this time and the good press his kits always got I was disappointed with the amount of bubbles in it.
I did not complain as I considered myself lucky to have anything to show for a 16 year loan.
I don't think he's necessarily a bad guy just a horrible businessman.
He needs to let someone else handle the molding and money and stick to the art.

Still no 42" Orion shuttle for me. After a couple of promises of "next week" or "tomorrow" still nothing.
I see he currently has nothing listed on Ebay.

Still no 42" Orion shuttle for me. After a couple of promises of "next week" or "tomorrow" still nothing.
I see he currently has nothing listed on Ebay.

Another promised ship date has come and gone. Requested a refund resolution through PayPal. Sad that I won't see the Orion Kit.

I opened a Paypal dispute yesterday morning for the 42" Orion shuttle. It was a few days past 5 months and you have 6 months to dispute a transaction. I got a Paypal message from Scott last night with a USPS tracking number. It is real and tracking shows it is supposed to arrive on Thursday. Insured which means I will need to pick it up from the post office on Friday. Fingers crossed and hoping for a good mold pull. My other kits from Scott many years ago are nearly perfect quality wise. I hope he is still maintaining his quality.

It looks like he has kits on hand to ship and only does so once a refund is demanded, with the Paypal resolution center to back me up.

I would not close the dispute just yet. Scott may have shipped you a box or rocks...
I think it is a bit uncalled for to suggest he would send a box of rocks to a customer. Yes, he is slow due to some personal issues, plenty to complain about there, but he is of good character and would not cheat a client. If anything, his striving for perfection has called additional delays instead of just shipping out product with some quality issues.

I think it is a bit uncalled for to suggest he would send a box of rocks to a customer. Yes, he is slow due to some personal issues, plenty to complain about there, but he is of good character and would not cheat a client. If anything, his striving for perfection has called additional delays instead of just shipping out product with some quality issues.

He has owed some people kits for 17 YEARS....you think that's long enough to achieve perfection with a kit?
Do you think it's ok to continually promise to deliver, but come up with excuse after excuse why you didn't ship?

I think Scott has a very clear pattern of not delivering what he promises.
Hell, his OWN webpage has a list of what he owes people, and how long they have been waiting. These people paid him up front, mind you.

Should Scott deliver what he has promised to all these people, after all these years, I'll change my position. In the mean time, I think you need to re-evaluate yours to something closer to reality.

I am on that list- it was created to help people know where the are in line.
http://atomiccity.yuku.com/topic/1029/OUTSTANDING-ORDERS-LIST#.WLWywdQrL4Y
I never said that perfection was the cause of the years long delays- only that he would not ship an imperfect product out. If you are familiar with what has happened to him then you know the real causes of the delays.
It is not that he is not delivering what he promises, it is that he is not shipping out as fast as he wants to. Some people are OK with that, other have asked for a refund which they have gotten. I ordered my Aries kit in 10/16/07 and I am one of those who do not mind waiting. I have had his large Space Pod kit in my closet for years and it is still waiting it's time to be built.

If you do not like how he is currently handling his business, fine- do not order from him. Coping with the delays in product shipment- that is an individual judgement call each of his customers makes. I knew going in that I would not be getting the kit quickly, I also know it is worth waiting for.

I am aware what happened to him. His stroke came well after most of these 'delays'.

The gentleman I made the comment to bought his kit on eBay (as did I several months back), and Scott never shipped.
In my situation, as in DanY's, Scott only shipped after his PayPal/EBay account had a hold placed on it.
In my opinion, if Scott was acting with integrity, one would not have to resort to filing a dispute to get him to live up to his end of the agreement.

In this day and age, USPS/Fedex/UPS will come to your home and pick up a shipment. No excuses about not making it to the post office. Hell, you can ship USPS/FedEx, and UPS at your local Office Depot. Even on a Sunday.

Sir, I sincerely hope that you receive your kit, or whatever it is you are owed. You have more faith in Scott than I, or many others do.

. Coping with the delays in product shipment- that is an individual judgement call each of his customers makes. I knew going in that I would not be getting the kit quickly, I also know it is worth waiting for.

i don't think there would be many people who would have coped waiting fifteen years for a resin model kit. At the end of the day it's a resin model kit. It's not like he's building a seaworthy battleship or anything. Even one of those wouldn't take fifteen years to build! I would honestly be disgusted in myself if I left a customer waiting that long.

i was going to purchase a kit off eBay from him last year. I enquired about it and he said to message him outside of eBay. This instantly brought up a red flag. I would still like to get one of his kits but by the sounds of it if it got to the point where a dispute would be filed it would be a completely rushed resin kit that would look like an aero bar.

I'd be very freaking annoyed if I was on that list, watched my one year old grow up into their teens, still not received my kit then all of a sudden see him selling kits on eBay, reading up about complaints being made on online forums and those people getting their kits within weeks of a complaint.

Last edited:
The 42" Orion shuttle arrived yesterday, a day early. Kit looks good except for one small problem, it included 2 tail sections and no nose section. I guess I could build a 2 assed shuttle. Scott promised to send the nose section yesterday and provided a USPS tracking number, which is not valid as of yet. Again keeping fingers crossed.

I would not close the dispute just yet. Scott may have shipped you a box or rocks...

...or maybe he shipped what's left of your brain instead. :lol

Each of us need to deal with him in our own way. I can understand if some are frustrated or downright angry, but that is something we need to deal with on an individual basis. As far as myself, I have received all 6 kits I've ordered.
I have also always been proactive with him when there have been delays. Ultimately he always responds to my calls or e-mails and has eventually delivered.

I'm glad you got what you ordered from him. I ultimately got my kit, and my business with him is concluded.

I hope the people who are owed kits get them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back