Double Spider-Man Homecoming suit build - Homemade suit & Stark suit

AABC1999

Hey everyone!
As NYCC gets closer and closer, I've decided that I want to go again as Spidey, the MCU version.
I'm only 17 so my income is pretty limited. My plan is to make this suit for under 300$. I've done some rough calculations and it should cost me somewhere between 250-300$. heres a breakdown of what I'm planning to do:

-For the lenses: I'm going to make them on sculpey and fit them to my Tjack ASM2 faceshell. they'll be magentized
13936482_1224992350852861_1548553591_n.jpg please give me your opinion on this mock-up?

-For the suit: going with the dyesub route. I don't know right now which pattern I'll be using, but my main options are Arachnid studios/Grampsee's pattern(the most accuarate IMO) OR Kenlandrum's free pattern (well...cause it's free)
13978195_1224994054186024_1673270843_o.jpg

-Webshooters: don't have too much money so 3d printing isn't an option. I think I'll be using craft foam coated with plastidip for the webshooters. There's also barely any clear reference of the webshooters so I could get them replaced for better ones eventually
foto-spider-man-selfie-web-shooter-2.jpg

Shoes: the MCU spidey suit has an specific sole desing so I'll get black soles from water shoes and I'll paint the pattern with acrylic red paint. I don't care if the desing fades away eventually
soles.png
Physique: Not an ususal point lol I'll definitely have to get in better shape. there's about 2 months left before NYCC, so I know I won't be ripped or anything like that, but I'm pretty sure I'll lose weight with a good diet and exercise.
spider-man-swings-into-action-on-set-01.jpg

EDIT:
I'm now also making the suit that Peter had before meeting Stark, it'll be put together all from things bought online
121.pngnew mock up.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My attempt at a MCU Spider-Man suit on a budget [Spider-Man: Homecoming]

Good luck! Really eager to see what the end product will look like. Do you plan on doing the 3D front and back spider out of foam like the homecoming version has?

Good luck! Really eager to see what the end product will look like. Do you plan on doing the 3D front and back spider out of foam like the homecoming version has?
No, I was planning to trace the symbols on transparencies when I got the suit on, then make a sculpt of both with the leftover sculpey from the lenses and eventually making a mold and casting it. I don't plan to do it immediately, but later down the line type stuff...when I get more funds

little update. I'm definitely using Arachnid Studios/Brandon Gilbert's pattern :D
13263671_618714474962734_4554847605410412442_n.jpg

Can't wait to see your progress! I'm going the exact same route, just waiting for Brandon's HC pattern:D

Have you seen the screen accurate pattern with screen accurate seams made by Timey Wimey?
e4e7c24aeb6513b366251edac805c4e8.jpg
I will be using this pattern just because it uses screen accurate seams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of thought you were making the suit from scratch until I saw you were going to dye sub route.

Have you seen the screen accurate pattern with screen accurate seams made by Timey Wimey? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160808/e4e7c24aeb6513b366251edac805c4e8.jpg I will be using this pattern just because it uses screen accurate seams.

Someone already suggested it to me, but I'm just a little scared to try it out...and since I'm on a budget, I can't afford to buy a second suit if the first one comes out wrong

I kind of thought you were making the suit from scratch until I saw you were going to dye sub route.
I can see why lol it's just that buying dyesubs it's much cheaper, easier and faster imo. Some stuff will be done from scratch though (lenses & webshooters)

after doing some other size tests, I think this is the version is the one
13942657_1227413913944038_2039234494_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13900159_1227409093944520_181891349987199323_n.jpg
    13900159_1227409093944520_181891349987199323_n.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 790

U should do the Timey Wimey pattern AFTER someone else tries it so u know it works and I think u should just leave the soles all black

U should do the Timey Wimey pattern AFTER someone else tries it so u know it works and I think u should just leave the soles all black

thing is, I'm not doing the sewing, zentaizone will...and frankly I don't know if they would be able to sew that pattern...it could also cost more, and this is supposed to be a budget build for spidey

thing is, I'm not doing the sewing, zentaizone will...and frankly I don't know if they would be able to sew that pattern...it could also cost more, and this is supposed to be a budget build for spidey
Why not just ask ZZ? I think it would be the same price and look fine :)

I dunno, I just really really like this pattern, here is his updated Spider-Man: Homecoming pattern ...
13903217_656805771153604_7189926826884587605_n.jpg
Side Note, almost all my supplies are arriving, so expect more updates

Don’t use my pattern if you don’t wanna. I don’t think pressuring you to use mine is a good idea (still a work in progress, yet to be tested). I will say Brandon’s Civil War is significantly more accurate to it’s respective movie (the best) than his Homecoming is.

subscribed just because I like watching people try new things for themselves.
As far as casting and molding goes, if you need any help feel free to message me. I'm pretty good with 1 part molds.

updates: soles are done. first lenses test, the final ones should look very similar, just with straighter lines, also the little fin on top the lenses broke, so that won't look the same next time.
41B85A68-3963-4C1E-B71B-98F2A42BBE87.jpgFDBB61EC-AC70-4019-A0F8-1085951A2DD3.jpg

uhhh...just wanted to say that this isn't dead lol. The suit has been ordered, and should be coming in 2 weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the lines on the frames of the lenses...the plan now is to make a really thin frame, heat it and when it's hardened...maybe adding small individual pieces on top of the frame so it gets that camera shutter look...any input on this idea?...About the webshooters, they still will be done in foam and plastidipped, expect actual updates super soon
rs_634x1024-160711160415-634.Tom-Holland-Spider-Man-Filming-Atlanta.ms.071116.jpg

What foam are you using for the web shooters

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back