Double Spider-Man Homecoming suit build - Homemade suit & Stark suit

Re: My attempt at a MCU Spider-Man suit on a budget [Spider-Man: Homecoming]

I have indeed...and the director too...I made a whole post about it on my instagrma but long story short, Tom recognized my outfit(the pizza shirt and blue hoodie form civil war), came up to me, said something along the lines of"hey buddy I love your shirt....it's awesome" and fist bumbed me while wearing the suit...so I got to feel the actual fabric of the suit
Wow. So you got to see the suit really up close, what was the texture on the red like? was it more of a dotted pattern or was it a different type of shape screen printed on the suit?
http://tomhollandbrasil.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=136 in these pics you can only see so much cause they weren't so close that they could touch it. Just really curious since I will be attempting to have these patterns screen printed on the pattern when I make my suit

Wow. So you got to see the suit really up close, what was the texture on the red like? was it more of a dotted pattern or was it a different type of shape screen printed on the suit?
http://tomhollandbrasil.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=136 in these pics you can only see so much cause they weren't so close that they could touch it. Just really curious since I will be attempting to have these patterns screen printed on the pattern when I make my suit

the texture is super rough.. uhh how do explain it....if normal spandex was normal paper...the suit would be sandpaper....also I barely saw it up close cause it was only a few seconds but the red seemed like a dotted pattern...

I have indeed...and the director too...I made a whole post about it on my instagrma but long story short, Tom recognized my outfit(the pizza shirt and blue hoodie form civil war), came up to me, said something along the lines of"hey buddy I love your shirt....it's awesome" and fist bumbed me while wearing the suit...so I got to feel the actual fabric of the suit

What does it feel like? And are the webs flat or do they kinda pop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some pics of the webshoters that I rushed out for NYCC...I ended up using my old USM suit with new lenses(pic of that too if anyone cares)
IMG_3417.JPGIMG_3414.JPGIMG_3416.JPGIMG_1163.JPG

Here's something that I've been thinking about...I know that puffy painting the blue parts is doable ....but I wouldn't want to leave the red sections flat if I paint the blue...so maybe puffy painting like this could emulate that screen printed fabric look, I did this on a piece of paper
IMG_3467.JPGIMG_3468.JPGIMG_3469.JPG

Hey man, nice work so far!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to get a custom suit from zentai zone? Also how'd you go about it? Just email?

P.S. That's awesome he recognized the shirt and talked to you about it!!

Re: The best Spider-Man: Homecoming/MCU suit that I can make on a budget

I'm guessing since yu said it's rough, it's a knit fabric, either cotton or polyester/spandex. Any other similar textured fabrics? Are they dye subliminal?

I'm guessing since yu said it's rough, it's a knit fabric, either cotton or polyester/spandex. Any other similar textured fabrics? Are they dye subliminal?
My best guess is that it's a 3D screenprint on spandex

Hey man, nice work so far!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to get a custom suit from zentai zone? Also how'd you go about it? Just email?

P.S. That's awesome he recognized the shirt and talked to you about it!!
About 110$ with shipping and all....I put everything I wanted bought it with this link http://www.zentaizone.com/zentaizone-custom-printing-and-sewing-p-516.html then emailed them with my order number and sent the pattern and specifiactions....you can send an email before you order and I'm sure that they will help

My best guess is that it's a 3D screenprint on spandex

yeah...I think it is a screen printed fabric...don't think is is a dye sub at all...it's pretty amazing how form fitting the suit is...it didn't look like Tom was too uncomfortable in it..

anybody can help me out with some questions...What I was planning to do is paint the little blue rectangles on the blue, and doing little tiny dots with red puffy paint on the red section, 1-do I need to have the suit stretched out when I do it? If a put some cardboard pieces inside it, would that be fine? Should I make one of those duct tape dummies?
2-anything on dyeing the suit so the colors look more vibrant?
3-For the rubber black bands, I was going to go over the outlines with puffy paint, then fill it out with liquid latex, anybody know what exactly do I need for this? Any other better way of doing it?

14721693_1295506757134753_8642546814752856754_n.jpg

14721693_1295506757134753_8642546814752856754_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's something that I've been thinking about...I know that puffy painting the blue parts is doable ....but I wouldn't want to leave the red sections flat if I paint the blue...so maybe puffy painting like this could emulate that screen printed fabric look, I did this on a piece of paper
View attachment 672488View attachment 672489View attachment 672490
9b382e59064ab13df2fc294b6cd9d8f8.jpg
e95ea44b655e0a69d3fc9f894e0506e2.jpg
8072b20e7dd610ca3f96ad8f7c485084.jpg

I'll be offering this fabric soon budget friendly too :)

Sent From The Batcave

anybody can help me out with some questions...What I was planning to do is paint the little blue rectangles on the blue, and doing little tiny dots with red puffy paint on the red section, 1-do I need to have the suit stretched out when I do it? If a put some cardboard pieces inside it, would that be fine? Should I make one of those duct tape dummies?
2-anything on dyeing the suit so the colors look more vibrant?
3-For the rubber black bands, I was going to go over the outlines with puffy paint, then fill it out with liquid latex, anybody know what exactly do I need for this? Any other better way of doing it?

View attachment 675944
I've heard of people who did that, but it ends up being really uncomfortable, the spandex gets stiff, and the blue bleeds into the red vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:

attachment.php

This eye frame photo (top right) Shows that, differently from the civil war eye frames, there is no outer layer around the edge. Compare to this one:17.PNG

Its kind of hard to see, but it is a small detail.

Nice!
Are there any updates?

I'll be getting lenses for it, more info on that later. Haven't done anything to the suit cause I'm still trying to be in better shape before making a dummy for puffy painting the suit.
I found someone tha tpuffy painted their civil war suit (pic below) mine should turn out similar to it
15241250_1322579834454141_2524215476483902283_n.jpg

I'll be getting lenses for it, more info on that later. Haven't done anything to the suit cause I'm still trying to be in better shape before making a dummy for puffy painting the suit.
I found someone tha tpuffy painted their civil war suit (pic below) mine should turn out similar to it
View attachment 687954
I think that for my suit I am just going to spray over the black parts with plastidip spray. I saw someone do it, i'll find a link…..
Also, there is new footage that shows "Web Wings" on the new suit, like the comic book underarm webbing.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 687954
I think that for my suit I am just going to spray over the black parts with plastidip spray. I saw someone do it, i'll find a link…..
Also, there is new footage that shows "Web Wings" on the new suit, like the comic book underarm webbing.

*edit heres the link: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263798&highlight=spiderman+armored

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back