Double Spider-Man Homecoming suit build - Homemade suit & Stark suit

Re: My attempt at a MCU Spider-Man suit on a budget [Spider-Man: Homecoming]

This suit is turning out great! Do you have any reference pics for the web shooters? I just found this 3d model, showing the various components. If I were you, I'd try building the base out of foam, along with the details, and sculpting the other parts from some poster board, sanded and smoothed. I'd say try sculpting and casting them, but I don't know what kind of budget you're on. I know for sure I couldn't do that. Some of those details won't turn out using foam as the only medium, I'm pretty sure. Though I'm not even a percentage when it comes to those knowledgable about foam, or foam prop making.
spider-man-civil-war-web-shooter-pack-3d-printable-by-do3d.jpg
http://do3d.com/wp-content/uploads/...war-web-shooter-pack-3d-printable-by-do3d.jpg

This suit is turning out great! Do you have any reference pics for the web shooters? I just found this 3d model, showing the various components. If I were you, I'd try building the base out of foam, along with the details, and sculpting the other parts from some poster board, sanded and smoothed. I'd say try sculpting and casting them, but I don't know what kind of budget you're on. I know for sure I couldn't do that. Some of those details won't turn out using foam as the only medium, I'm pretty sure. Though I'm not even a percentage when it comes to those knowledgable about foam, or foam prop making.
View attachment 663036
http://do3d.com/wp-content/uploads/...war-web-shooter-pack-3d-printable-by-do3d.jpg

those look pretty good, they aren't the spider-man homecoming web shooters though. those are the civil war web shooters....about using foam, I think you're right, I'll finish up making the first real pair and I'll see what I could improve
1221f8c37664d7d3826719154421c232.jpgCpXMkh9WgAAt2G4.jpgCpXMlcLWcAAWVf3 (1).jpgtom-holland-spiderman20911.JPGtom-holland-spiderman40609.JPG

My attempt at a MCU Spider-Man suit on a budget [Spider-Man: Homecoming]

I'm using Timey wimeys patten and there's a problem with the seam allowance in the fingers
657c7e0b48b08521d33a81cfd55e1429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those look pretty good, they aren't the spider-man homecoming web shooters though. those are the civil war web shooters....about using foam, I think you're right, I'll finish up making the first real pair and I'll see what I could improve
View attachment 663039View attachment 663040View attachment 663041View attachment 663042View attachment 663043
So I went to the source of that webshooter pic just to see what else that guy has. He actually made the homecoming web shooters too. Pretty accurate aside from a few details like the web cartridges. But other than that. As accurate as you can get for the time being :)
http://do3d.com/product/3d-printable-model-spider-man-homecoming-web-shooter/

I'm using Timey wimeys patten and there's a problem with the seam allowance in the fingers http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/657c7e0b48b08521d33a81cfd55e1429.jpg

You could talk to Timey Wimey himself about that. This is AABC1999's thread and he already said that he's not going to be using Timey's pattern. You could just make your own thread because your post is somewhat irrelevant to this thread.

You could talk to Timey Wimey himself about that. This is AABC1999's thread and he already said that he's not going to be using Timey's pattern. You could just make your own thread because your post is somewhat irrelevant to this thread.

Sorry, and I did talk to him.

The suit has arrived people...better pictures wearing will come soon
14322308_1260828883935874_4806628548418867957_n.jpg

here's a couple more photos, it kinda fades out a little when you wear it but I'm still losing wwight and diet and all so hopefully the fabric will be less streched and the colors will pop up more
IMG_2585.JPGIMG_2580.JPGIMG_2573.JPGIMG_2586.JPG

Looks good! What's next?

here's a couple more photos, it kinda fades out a little when you wear it but I'm still losing wwight and diet and all so hopefully the fabric will be less streched and the colors will pop up more

I'm not sure if this will fix it or not, but I've heard of people spraying some red and blue dye at the inside of the suit. I don't know if the red bleeds into the blue or vice versa for them though

I'm not sure if this will fix it or not, but I've heard of people spraying some red and blue dye at the inside of the suit. I don't know if the red bleeds into the blue or vice versa for them though

I did that to my last suit. Definitely not worth it. It makes the suit feel weird and makes the spandex stiff and also some parts will get more paint then others so it will look blotchy.

man..this is so more difficult than I thought lol...here's yet another mock up of the lenses...I liked the ones that I had previously done but they look too small with the mask...any input? ...the problem I'm also running into is making the shutter type lines onto the frames../the current idea is to finish a thin frame and the put a second layer of little pieces of sculpey to simulate that depth that the lenses have
14409251_1261736493845113_164062101_n.jpg

Any updates, AABC1999? I know you're probably rushing to finish for thursday, but could you post some pics?

Any updates, AABC1999? I know you're probably rushing to finish for thursday, but could you post some pics?

decided to push it back for a few reasons:
1- Didn't want to end up rushing the suit, I now plan to do more things with it (currently contemplating the idea of puffy painting the suit, input? also thinking about getting Comic suit factory lenses, in the photo below)
14440759_1058780954243070_4063076219368795727_n.jpg
2-After meeting Tom Holland and seeing him with the Spidey suit in person (yeah...that happened lol) I wanna be in the best shape that I can get
3- I am however using an Spider-Man homecoming related cosplay for NYCC, I'll be Peter Parker for all 3 days...so the webshooters(or at least a prototype) will be done and you can expect pics tomorrow or thursday.....
14448870_1275883795763716_9113605452919887318_n.jpg
Fridays outfit hasn't arrived yet...I'll post of the 3 finished outfits w/the web shooters and a prop mask which I'll have dangling from my pocket or somthing
In conclusion....this isn't my attempt at a spidey suit on a budget anymore, it's the best spider-man suit that I can put together on a budget

decided to push it back for a few reasons:
1- Didn't want to end up rushing the suit, I now plan to do more things with it (currently contemplating the idea of puffy painting the suit, input? also thinking about getting Comic suit factory lenses, in the photo below)
View attachment 669686
2-After meeting Tom Holland and seeing him with the Spidey suit in person (yeah...that happened lol) I wanna be in the best shape that I can get
3- I am however using an Spider-Man homecoming related cosplay for NYCC, I'll be Peter Parker for all 3 days...so the webshooters(or at least a prototype) will be done and you can expect pics tomorrow or thursday.....
View attachment 669685
Fridays outfit hasn't arrived yet...I'll post of the 3 finished outfits w/the web shooters and a prop mask which I'll have dangling from my pocket or somthing
In conclusion....this isn't my attempt at a spidey suit on a budget anymore, it's the best spider-man suit that I can put together on a budget
YOU MET TOM???!!! Thats so cool man!

YOU MET TOM???!!! Thats so cool man!
I have indeed...and the director too...I made a whole post about it on my instagrma but long story short, Tom recognized my outfit(the pizza shirt and blue hoodie form civil war), came up to me, said something along the lines of"hey buddy I love your shirt....it's awesome" and fist bumbed me while wearing the suit...so I got to feel the actual fabric of the suit

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back