Suicide Squad (Post-release)

Got my tickets today for a 6pm 3D IMAX showing on Thursday. Reserved seating, so no waiting in line. I'm so hyped for this movie. After Civil War its the only movie I've been looking forward to. Really hoping its good.

******** you all to Hell Warner Brothers!!!!!!When will you hire somebody who knows how to write and make a decent DC film!!!! The reviews for SS are crushingly weakr!!!!!!! I'll still go see it, but like pre BvS I'm turning my expectations well down. I am truly and horribly disappointed by the responses so far.

I was watching one of the newer trailers the other night and as it ended I laughed and blurted out "It CAN'T actually be that good..."

I want it to be a great flick, and not just the work of a great trailer editor.

Yeah I'm surprised, the marketing for this made it look great.

There's been some mixed marketing of this film, really. The first trailer just looked like the usual DC Murderverse grimdark grrrrr gritty affair. The next trailer (I think?), cut to Bohemian Rhapsody, looked awesome!! Fun! Funny!

I think a lot of the appeal of the 2nd trailer, though, was more due to a halo effect from the song in the trailer than to what was much of the same raw footage that accompanied the first "I started a joke" trailer.

I'll be REALLY curious to see which movie this one actually is, or whether it even attempts to pick an approach or just gets muddled trying to be both things at the same time. (But not so interested that I'm gonna pay for a ticket -- this one's a Netflixer for me).

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised at the negative reviews. Whoever made those trailers needs to get hired for every movie :)

I would bet that you could cut damn near any film to Bohemian Rhapsody and people would think it's gonna be awesome.

Pluto Nash, The Room, Manos the Hands of Fate...

....ok, maybe not Manos. But you get my point.

Reviews are getting worse by the minute on RT. I'm sure some will chalk it up to the "Marvel paying off reviewers to trash DC movies" conspiracy, but it might just be time to face the fact that the DCEU is doomed to fail. I'll probably still go check it out next week, but I was really hoping for more positive word of mouth than what it's getting so far. :(

Reviews are getting worse by the minute on RT. I'm sure some will chalk it up to the "Marvel paying off reviewers to trash DC movies" conspiracy, but it might just be time to face the fact that the DCEU is doomed to fail. I'll probably still go check it out next week, but I was really hoping for more positive word of mouth than what it's getting so far. :(

The reviews are that bad huh? Im kind of bummed, its one of those movies that I WANT to be good,but who knows if it will. I still cant get over Letos joker, but I thought if done right, and him not being used that much, the rest of the characters could shine. I really want to see it after I saw the panel at comic con. I want to read the reviews, but dont want to spoil anything.

The reviews are that bad huh? Im kind of bummed, its one of those movies that I WANT to be good,but who knows if it will. I still cant get over Letos joker, but I thought if done right, and him not being used that much, the rest of the characters could shine. I really want to see it after I saw the panel at comic con. I want to read the reviews, but dont want to spoil anything.

Although they are "negative" it's a very mixed bag.

Bummer. Well damn, Im wondering if I should wait and see it then. Movies in my city are 14 bucks now...:cry

When I say "mixed" I mean it's not one review is overtly positive while another is negative, all the reviews acknowledge both positives and negatives and the negatives tend to overwhelm the positive by a margin.

They can't get it right,.....& with WW coming also.....The recent Tarzan flop......not looking good for Warners....make me worried for Blade Runner 2

J

someone on imdb posted a jezebel link with bad reviews (saying, look at reviews for this movie and compare it to their reviews for feigbusters and see the difference)...

Personally, I had no hope at all for this movie.

The characterization of harley in the trailers looks OK, but her LOOK is all wrong. i'm not buying will smith in anything, let alone a killer role. Croc looks like he's F4's The Thing only with Zits...and Joker....he'd fit right at home on that Jersey Shore show...and still not be the weirdest thing on it.

The DC U Movie verse is doomed to fail, until someone comes up with not only a single universe for these characters to STICK IN... but also not mess with the classic formula. that means no race changing, no gender changing, no COSTUME changing. if it's worked for 40 years, even with relatively recent modern updates like in JLU, there is probably a REASON why the classic formula has worked so well. The JLU episode with suicide squad (Clock King, Captain Boomerang, Plastique) is flipping awesome. THIS mess?

The only one of these movies so far that looks like they MIGHT have gotten right is Wonder Woman, and i'm still not really sold on gal gadot as an actress for this part yet.

The only one of these movies so far that looks like they MIGHT have gotten right is Wonder Woman, and i'm still not really sold on gal gadot as an actress for this part yet.

But can you honestly say to your mates in work "I can't wait for the Wonder Woman movie"?

J

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back