Star Trek Beyond - Kirk's Mug

100_1137.JPG

Hi guys,

here's my very first finished mug from Ikea. It was a bit tricky to put on the tiny thin black bows, but I finally did it.

Dietrich

100_1160.JPG

Hi guys,

here's my first try with a special porcellan pen. I've tried it first on two of my old white mugs, before I purchase the authentic ones from Ikea. Now I've to wait for 4 hours until the paint is dry and can be burned in the oven.

BTW: I created a pattern and drawn the single lines by hand with a soft pencil first.

Dietrich

This is awesome! making a trip to ikea soon so will pick a couple up,now if only I could Draw/do design work lol :lol

You and me both. It's going to take some real delicate and patient stencil work! About to give it a go here shortly. If it goes well I will post a picture. If not... then you'll know.

You and me both. It's going to take some real delicate and patient stencil work! About to give it a go here shortly. If it goes well I will post a picture. If not... then you'll know.
I wouldnt even know how to attempt ha! my hands are far too shaky to free hand it unfortunately

I wouldnt even know how to attempt ha! my hands are far too shaky to free hand it unfortunately

So the freehand/stencil technique was tricky... We may have to give this another go with a better stencil. Used a oil based paint pen from Michael's. Not bad, but free hand drawing is not my forte'.
IMG_3235.JPGIMG_3238.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back