Star Wars lightsabers

drcool

Hello everyone!!!
Just joined recently. Hope someone can provide some information with lightsabers I have in the photo.
Does anyone recognise them?? maker?? replica?? fan made??
I would really appreciate any information you guys can provide.
Won them from an auction and did not come with certificates.
Thanks.
lightsabers.png

Likewise. Are these the "prototype" sabers? I've seen them around and none of them look remotely like something built by the old effects team pr prop guys.

This lot is for the entire collection of LIGHTSABERS you see in the photo. All are different! I show all in each lot as provenance, but this lot takes all.
These are all OOAK, though in various stages of being completed or destroyed. These are Prototypes at minimum but a few are possibly Screen Used Lightsabers from the original production of STAR WARS EPISODE 1, THE PHANTOM MENACE and STAR WARS EPISODE 2, ATTACK OF THE CLONES! I believe the Anakin Skywalker and the two OBI-WAN KENOBIS may be SCREEN USED! The Qui-Gon Jinn is also complete, and shows signs of possible use as another character. 7 Light Sabers in all!
This one lot takes all you see as the entire collection, and takes precedent over the individual lots to follow! A winner here will skip those! See the following lots for individual items up close along with better descriptions.

The weight, materials, and quality of construction tell a trained eye that these are indeed authentic! They are not only design demos, but some are even functionality demos with gas jet nozzles and igniters.
Ask yourself these same valid questions I ask myself? Why would replica LIGHTSABERS have wires coming out of them? Why would they have gas jets and igniters? Who would, or could go so far as to make such intricate replicas that don't even look like the SCREEN USED PROPS?
Though some are very close, these all appear to be concepts, and do not match Screen Used examples exactly. Not like replicas do. The OBI-WAN sure is close though, and looks to have been SCREEN USED!

These were all obtained as the collection directly from the original production of STAR WARS EPISODE 1 THE PHANTOM MENACE during the filming of STAR WARS EPISODE 2, ATTACK OF THE CLONES! They are not replicas, or fan made!
Any serious bidders are welcome to view these in person if you like, but please do not ask me to send a bunch of photos. The photos don't lie, but seeing these in person makes all the difference in the World.

http://www.icollector.com/STAR-WARS-1-2-THE-PHANTOM-MENACE-ATTACK-OF-THE-CLONES-COLLECTION-OF-PROTOTYPE-LIGHTSABERS_i24240168

It also looks like the seller has tried to sell them individually over the past couple of years without any luck.

This made me laugh:

"Ask yourself these same valid questions I ask myself? Why would replica LIGHTSABERS have wires coming out of them? Why would they have gas jets and igniters? Who would, or could go so far as to make such intricate replicas that don't even look like the SCREEN USED PROPS?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi drcool,

and welcome aboard ... whether authentic or not ... that's one way of starting your journey on collecting lightsabers .... next might I suggest some OT lightsaber replica's?

Chaim

There are three on the right that look like prequel sabers, I've never studied prequel props so I can't tell you who or what they are. The one on the bottom right is a fake graflex, potential for mods there. The thing in the middle is supposed to be a comlink, but something is off about it proportionally. Comlinks are only 3 parts, Hovi mic, tomtit cylindar, and a white end cap. The left side I have no idea what any of that is, looks like custom stuff. Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun.

The 3 on the right are based off Obi Wan Ep. I and II sabers.

They're actually Big Yellow Box hardware builds. I built one when I was 13. I think the website still exists.

The ones on the lower left were suppose to be Mace Windu prototypes. The upper 3 on the right are Obi's and the bottom is Anakins.

This has got the be one of the worst adds I've ever read.

Who would consider buying a "light saber" prop and be OK with that bit about gas jet nozzles?!

Wow! Just wow!

The one on the bottom right is certainly a Graflex, but I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure that isn't screen used. The ones above it seem to be a derivative of Obi-Wan's original saber (The one used in TPM) but is CERTAINLY not screen used. The rest simply look like hardware sabers used for a very low budget fan film. Sorry man.

After the dollar, I think like the comlink the most. It's still not screen used though. & without closer images, I would say that the Anakin lightsaber is a MR FX with the blade removed. Here's mine, with the blade still on. Pardon the horrible condition of it. It's been in many battles years ago.
image.jpeg

The rest are poor attempts at copies, & are nowhere near screen used or even prototypes for the studios. But you know what? If you like 'em? Then that's all that matters.
Welcome to the boards, & enjoy the learning :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back