New Ralph McQuarrie books

Jaitea

Master Member
Not sure where to post this,....but there's a collection of new Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie books coming out soon

https://forbiddenplanet.com/160398-...e-hardcover/?gclid=CI-JybvHic4CFUKNGwodg0AElg

3530498.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

"
  • The definitive deluxe three-volume slipcase of Ralph McQuarrie’s complete artwork for Star Wars.
    Ralph McQuarrie is the most iconic artist in the history of Star Wars. He worked hand-in-hand with George Lucas to help establish the saga’s visual aesthetic, its inimitable look and feel.
    Beyond designing Darth Vader, C-3PO, and R2-D2, McQuarrie produced hundreds of pieces of Star Wars artwork, including conceptual paintings, costume designs, storyboards, and matte paintings, as well as posters, book covers, and album covers—even Lucasfilm’s annual holiday cards—all rescanned and rephotographed for this book. In Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, readers will find the most definitive collection of the artist’s Star Wars work ever assembled, including hundreds of never-before-seen illus*trations. Rare unpublished interviews, as well as recollec*tions from McQuarrie’s colleagues and friends, complement and contextualize the art.
    Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie is a comprehensive tribute to cinema’s most beloved and influential concept artist."

J

Sweet!!! Cheers for the headsup.

Some of the originals where at display at the Star Wars Identities and I was really surprised how small they are in real life...and still so super precise.

It's "only" $208 on Amazon. It's also written by RPF founder Brandon Alinger. I may pick it up if it has a lot of stuff the old Art of books didn't have.

I bought a mcquarrie star wars book at comicon about 5 years ago. It was Japanese and they claimed that it was the only complete book out there. They had even found newer images. But it was only about $50

Is this more complete?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I found it on Amazon.de for 140,95€. The pic only shows 2 volumes compared to the pic that Jaitea posted wich has 3 volumes, could it be that there are two versions or is just the picture that differs?. The Publisher has the same pic with the Two volumes. Hm...140€ vs 250$(227€) list prize...whats up with that.

I bought a mcquarrie star wars book at comicon about 5 years ago. It was Japanese and they claimed that it was the only complete book out there. They had even found newer images. But it was only about $50

Is this more complete?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It says that this one has "800 pages, 2000 Illustrations"...did the Japanese Book have that amount of Pages/Pics?

Last edited:
I found it on Amazon.de for 140,95€. The pic only shows 2 volumes compared to the pic that Jaitea posted wich has 3 volumes, could it be that there are two versions or is just the picture that differs?. The Publisher has the same pic with the Two volumes. Hm...140€ vs 250$(227€) list prize...whats up with that.

It says that this one has "800 pages, 2000 Illustrations"...did the Japanese Book have that amount of Pages/Pics?

It's a bit confusing,...both state there's 800 pages,..& the spines look thicker on the 2 set,....so perhaps the same content, just presented differently,...split into 2 instead of 3

J

No. Mine has 168 pages. (but mine only has his work. Not any interviews or anything else. I don't know how many pictures mine has. Basically, after they did the "art of Ralph McQuarrie" book they found a whackload of other stuff. But their license wouldn't allow them to do another book in North america.

So the one I have is a Japan-only book (1978 copies made) exclusive with every star wars image he made. However, they may very well have found more since it's printing.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back