Bandai Falcon completed

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Here is my completed Bandai Falcon. This was built for a friend of mine who has supplied me with a lot of Bandai SW kits direct from Japan. The kit is lighted and powered by a single 9v battery hidden in the rear. The base was made up of the two tiles from the X-Wing and two Vader Tie bases.

v4vzp3.jpg

293bu5k.jpg

2wofuyw.jpg

8vp18l.jpg

20hlijc.jpg

2nvtco3.jpg

11wa634.jpg

1z1z4tx.jpg

53uwoz.jpg

343j2o5.jpg

spfbq1.jpg

jl2puf.jpg

wcofhy.jpg

Very nicely done! I was like "this is cool, this is cool..." then saw the landing lights underneath and was like "woah!" Sometimes it's the little details that really make it stand out.

Did you use the decals for the colored panels, or paint them? (Trying to decide which direction to go with mine...)

Thanks Zuiun. I did use the kit decals. I was going to paint them but decided at the last minute not to. I have a second one in the stash for myself and will probably paint those.

Beautiful work, Robiwon. Love the base, and Zuiun is right - the lighting is excellent and those landing lights are brilliant.

Beaut. Love the red fiber optics on the bottom, that's a nice touch. This will be my next kit after my Red Jammer.

SB

Thanks guys!
If no one caught it, I added the missing 3D printed engine grilles last night, plus a missing blast mark.

x4419j.jpg

142y29y.jpg

262tjyw.jpg

Unbelievably stellar! I think I will have to use your model as reference pics for myself when I get to this build.

I'm on the snow speeder at the moment.

Thanks guys. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for bases from the kits I stole them from! I'm hoping someone would offer affordable (!) resin copies of these bases. If I knew how or more importantly, had the money I would cast them myself.

The Fujimi Bond sub did not come with a base. I wanted to replicate the box art and the Falcon base served as the perfect base to base my underwater base on....base...base...base...

2e64ln8.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back