Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon..finished!

Re: Okay...the elephant in the room....millennium falcon streaking techniques

You're welcome, gents. Wow, that's crazy good, John, thanks!!! Hey Astro, let me get the top view scanned as well -- it won't be as nice, though, because of the tear along the dish area.

You're welcome, gents. Wow, that's crazy good, John, thanks!!! Hey Astro, let me get the top view scanned as well -- it won't be as nice, though, because of the tear along the dish area.

I have some high res images of the top view that I got from the Amazon site,...though they still have the Stormtrooper & SW logo over the rear deck,...but the dish is clear,....so I should be able to Ps the tear out

J

It's interesting to note that in addition to the added landing gear bays, they also did a few panel colour changes to make it a bit more like the 32" model

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Here's my own little thought; but I've always thought of the red panels to be like a license plate

Last edited:

It's interesting to note that in addition to the added landing gear bays, they also did a few panel colour changes to make it a bit more like the 32" model

I'm pretty certain that the modifications to the 5 foot Falcon were created in response to the Full scale set needing the extra gear & underside lighting.....the additional red panel is a new panel on the 5 footer with a light in it,....the 32" was an emulation of the 5 footer,...its red panel is just a masked area on the hull

J

Last edited:

I'm pretty certain that the modifications to the 5 foot Falcon were created in response to the Full scale set needing the extra gear & underside lighting.....the additional red panel is a new panel on the 5 footer with a light in it,....the 32" was an emulation of the 5 footer,...its red panel is just a masked area on the hull

J
There are a couple of other things too. All of the references I have been looking at are from after the esb mods.

For instance, they added the two yellow panels on the bottom. One of the red panels on the center turret section is grey, too. There is also a small red square on the bottom port side that is not in the crayola pic.

Frankly, that crayola pic is very curious to me. I just can't see them finding that in the archives at that resolution. It seems like some pet project of a falcon fanatic. uploadfromtaptalk1469393068427.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Here's some of my fuzzy images of the 3 gear SW version

05.jpg

06.jpg

falconsagdvd02.jpg

falconsagdvd06.jpg

04.jpg

I think I have some more

John

A couple more....think the Crayola is either a B&W image that has been re-coloured, an earlier in progress pic,...or thats one of an alternative turret that's used for covering the mounting plate,...in any case here's another couple of pics:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2022.12.04.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2022.41.37.png

J

Thanks! Someday I'll have the autocad chops to make a real panel map of each falcon and their colours. It's one of my favorite parts of the process. I see more every time I look at it.

Me too,.....always learning,....There's some nice CG models out there,....mainly the 32",....Christian Fröhlich from Sci-Fi Meshes & Keeper of the Force

Would be perfect for colouring & using for reference:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/...lennium-Falcon&p=606653&viewfull=1#post606653
attachment.php

Also Alain Rivard on FB is in the middle of making a 5 footer ESB 5 gear CG model:

13055377_10209367626685620_3521866384656626974_n.jpg
13055415_10209367627085630_17248096471467856_n.jpg

J

Oh wow!!!!! I have a project!

I'm trying different things on this, Not happy with any of them. I may just stick with oils in the end.

Part of my things that a regular HB pencil may work the best. Or perhaps pencil crayons

20160725_104243_zpsfgp9vk33.png

I guess I might be turning this into my build thread.

Anyway, I started doing a bit of weathering. I'm not sure if it's too warm. Because I primed in black and wasn't entirely heavy with my base coat, the falcon looks rather cool right now.

I do plan on using a spatter technique for the final of this thing so I know I can change some tone at that stage, too

What are your thoughts?

20160725_162735_zpsjq2gapkc.png

I'm not too sure I like this. It looks a bit too far at this point. I might through some UN white into it to bring it back a bit.

I think the tone on the raised wells and gun turrets match the ILM tone

I think the tone on the raised wells and gun turrets match the ILM tone
Okay, that is the only part I've worked on. So you think I'm on the right path. Thanks

Yeah,..draw them on.....then you can blend them

J

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back