Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon..finished!

Re: Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon...please critique

Well dang! That Falcon turned out great! Are you planning a diorama type base or a plaque type base?
Thanks!

I think I'm going to get a picture frame for the base. Then I'll make it like an asteroid surface.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Re: Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon...please critique

totally finished!

20160815_150824_zpswclphhk8.png

20160815_150802_zpswc1vzetw.png

20160815_150741_zpseb4gdpwl.png

20160815_150727_zpsg7tkskkc.png

20160815_150616_zpstvqggtkj.png

20160815_150156_zpszjq5cehw.png

20160815_150849_zps1n8dxipe.png

20160815_150753_zpsuye3n6u9.png

20160815_150901_zpsh9a25atm.png

What a beauty Astro

Great job,....very authentic colouring

John

Thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot

If I were to do it again, I think I would change some of the process, but when I sit back and don't think about it I'm pretty happy with the final product

looks good.
good choice not to use the blue panel decals that came with it, eh?
good subtle faded yellow, too. not macdonalds blinding yellow....
Personally, I don't like any of the decal colours. For one, they are geared toward the TFA version. Secondly, you are always better off looking at pics of the studio scale and then trusting your eye.

One thing I've also noticed is that those blue panels are pretty much reserved for the 32" falcon. So the only blue I used was a little in the wash and a blue/grey in the spatter

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I didn't spend too much time worrying about the colours. My theory was that at such a small scale, it should be lighter than the studio model. You can fix everything with weathering. The only really important colour was the red. It's hard to fix that later. (The mistake I made on my last fine molds)

What I'm REALLY excited about is the base. I found a couple of things today that will be perfect. It's the fastest shortcut to a planet surface ever......and I'll probably be finished tomorrow!

Last edited:
OM freaking G this is good!! What colour have you used for the base colour? Im about to start one and have some tamiya insignia white rattle can.

OM freaking G this is good!! What colour have you used for the base colour? Im about to start one and have some tamiya insignia white rattle can.

Thanks!
I used insignia white from Tamiya. But I vented it into a jar so that I could use it with an airbrush.

If you ARE going this route, I recommend looking into black basing. Check it out on youtube as an alternative to preshading.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back