searching for snowspeder that's "in scale" with my wizards of the coast at-at

AnLuMa

hy!

i'm searching for snowspeder that's "in scale" with my wizards of the coast at-at.

i wand to transform it into a hoth diorama.

some time ago a see a post here and someone says that the "revell pocket snowspeeder" are ritght or seems close to the at-at.....so i buy it....

but now a facebook member says that the de agostini one is closer, because he is smaler.

normaly i trust the rpf-members more in such questions, but can someone confirm it.....if the de agostini one is the right size....i muss buy one!

thx!

Might be helpful to call out dimensions of your AT-AT as I've never heard of this product and I can see what snow speeders I have , you can judge which one is closer , between us we should have something that will be close enough

I have the WotC figure the OP mentioned.

dimensions:

Overall Length: 15.5 inches (guntip to greeblies)
Overall Height: 13.25 inches (including the roughly 1/4 inch base)
Overall Width: 6 inches (side-toe to side-toe)

The WotC Snowspeeder:

Overall Length: 4.75 inches (guntip to greeblies)
Overall width: 3.5 inches

Now, most of the WotC minis are in 30mm to 35mm gaming scale which tends to float around 1:50 scale but really with a lot of variation. Just looking at the models together I feel that the Snowspeeder matches the human figures adequately (especially given the flexibility of the scales these things appear at in the actual movies) but I feel that the AT-AT is about half the size it ought to be compared to the other models in the line.

Now, in gaming models, I feel that the old West End Games Snowspeeder was a much closer match to the scale of the Wizards of the Coast AT-AT, but, being a cast pewter model, the details are a bit chunkier (especially the wing edges).

The PocketModel Snowspeeder is not too far from the WotC model, but still is about double what it should be realtive to the walker given how big the foot was compared to the set piece Mark Hamill crawled out of.

Supporting photographs:

20160722_225350.jpg

And here's a close up of the old West End Games mini, with a quarter to give a clearer idea for size. (Apologies for the rough paint job... After all, I did paint this when I was about 13 and these things were still for sale). And, it's pewter, so it's quite heavy compared with the other models.

20160722_225824.jpg

More reference:

atats07.jpg

I think the WEG model is a bit too small, but it's a lot closer than any other model I know of.

--Alex

Last edited:
Alex, perhaps the truncated 'guns' make it seem smaller that it should be? The length of the canopy appears to be a pretty good match to the width of the AT-AT foot when compared to the set piece...

R/ Robert

ok thanks all, seems i must go try catch a deagostini one.

I believe the WOTC AT-AT is pretty close in size to the Revell AT-AT which makes it close to 1/72 scale

At that scale there is a more detailed alternative to the DiAgostini speeder, the RetroSF 1/72 speeder. They are nearly the same size, but the Retro SF one is more accurate, in addition to having an interior rather that solid black windows

RetroSF on the left, DiAgostini die cast on the right
IMG_9315_zps762885b9.jpg

The standard one
https://retrokitonline.net/product/rebel-speeder-red-markings/

Luke's one
https://retrokitonline.net/product/rebel-speeder-grey-markings/

Here is the Revel AT-AT with the Retro SF speeder and Probe Driod and a micromachine AT-ST and Rebel Trooper. I believe they would all pair well with the WOTC AT-AT
IMG_9283_zpsa7a6f5f6.jpg

wow, thank u....i never heard of the retro sf speeder!

that only think on the deago speeder tha fails me is indeed the blank cokpit....but the retro sf looks awesome with the details, i will devinitly get that one for the dio!

but, are the revell at-at the same scale as the wotc one?

wow, thank u....i never heard of the retro sf speeder!

that only think on the deago speeder tha fails me is indeed the blank cokpit....but the retro sf looks awesome with the details, i will devinitly get that one for the dio!

but, are the revell at-at the same scale as the wotc one?

The Revell AT-AT stands about 12.5" to 13" tall which puts it pretty darn close to 1/72 based on a 22 meter height for an AT-AT

According to the post from Albertese, The Wizards of the Coast one is also about 13" tall as well

In his picture, he included a shot of the Revell pocket snowspeeder

I don't have the WOTC AT-AT to do a direct 1 to 1 comparison, but going of the size relative to the pocket speeder

The Revell At-AT with the DiAgostini die cast on the left, and the larger Revell pocket speeder on the right
IMG_2427.jpg

I have the WotC figure the OP mentioned.

dimensions:

Overall Length: 15.5 inches (guntip to greeblies)
Overall Height: 13.25 inches (including the roughly 1/4 inch base)
Overall Width: 6 inches (side-toe to side-toe)

compared to the Revell speeder in the package with the WOTC AT-AT

20160722_225350.jpg

Attachments

• 20160722_225350.jpg
    20160722_225350.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 416
ok, thats clear thanks!

i musst get a retro sf (the shipping from uk to germany is pretty high wit 12€^^), and a micromashine a-st....and a probe droid^^

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back