udeMTo.jpg

wgmpo5.jpg

Updates!
Modelling the leg greeblies:
xEGqtk.jpg

W9QGuW.jpg

First cast of prototype parts:
I6dIpr.jpg

Trimming the thighs: I'm only 5'9 barefoot. I had to trim about 2.5" off the top of the thighs.
gXUmdL.jpg

Testing the rigging for the abs, back, cod and butt. Thighs will be held up tk style via a belt and elastic.
yorRbh.jpg

Test fitting: Again, i'm 5'9 barefoot. I'm too short and a bit too wide. :( There is lots of allowance though. As seen from the ab plate, i have 4 horizontal slats showing. Screen guys have 7. This ab piece has 9 slats. Still waiting on the forearms and shins but so far the torso will fit probably fit someone 5'8 to 6'3, maybe even 6'5.
With regards to the soft parts: My prototype is made of neoprene for the body and stretch vinyl for the "wings". I decided to use neoprene for the torso as well because it's very very hot and humid here. I may try other ways to simulate the rubber like look of the torso, but rubber or latex is just out of the question. (I had a bad case of heat exhaustion before and would never want to experience that again). The "wings" are too wide, so i'll have to bring that in. The neoprene ribbed undersuit is also too baggy.

knewYL.jpg

8OgwxA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally finished the prototype set. This is the regular sized version. A tall version is in the works with longer biceps, forearms, and shins. Will be launching soon. Production starts in January. In the Pics i am 5'9 barefoot.

Short and husky Deathtrooper:
ZXr4Ed.jpg

Rk6RgO.jpg

SsuIMe.jpg

z5muso.jpg

Helmet:
0IIQys.jpg

3Q5yO7.jpg

QxIWuW.jpg

rajvKn.jpg

U9YfND.jpg

I have to find a more opaque lens. Any suggestions? Also, is the death trooper lens bubbled or flat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see that you're working on a Death Trooper! I'm definitely interested. Will this fit a 196lbs / 6' 2.5" male (note that I've got well trained calves from playing too much soccer/running :)

A group ofus here are interested in new armor. Mostof ushave been trooping for several years. We know the limitations of fiberglass...that it wont take much flexing before cracking. What is the ultimate waist and chest size that this set will fit?

Many of the people who are working on ST armor have gotten their pouches off of ebay or military surplus sites from eastern Europe, I would recommend checking out the 501st CRL for the name of the pouch used, it's a helpful reference source to start off.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back