Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - last update 27/08 - Gamescom pictures!!! - PIC heavy!

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - Huge Update 28/aug - PIC heavy!

I love this thread, thanks for putting up all your progress. I'm working on the same costume and gearing up to start the rifle.

You think you could upload your base blueprints? I started to draw mine up but I'm pretty new to illustrator and i'm not really happy with them right now

I love this thread, thanks for putting up all your progress. I'm working on the same costume and gearing up to start the rifle.

You think you could upload your base blueprints? I started to draw mine up but I'm pretty new to illustrator and i'm not really happy with them right now

Thx!

I'm not sure yet about my blueprint. I won't upload it before I got mine finished thats for sure. After that maybe.

-Hopli

Hi, first of all congratulations on all your work so far, it's looking like you'll have an excellent costume!

Secondly, would you mind pm'ing me about the place where you got your jacket? Please don't worry if you'd rather not. I know I'm pretty new here and we haven't spoken before, so if you feel uncomfortable with giving out their details I understand.

That said, everything looks great so far, I look forward to seeing how things continue!

Hi, first of all congratulations on all your work so far, it's looking like you'll have an excellent costume!

Secondly, would you mind pm'ing me about the place where you got your jacket? Please don't worry if you'd rather not. I know I'm pretty new here and we haven't spoken before, so if you feel uncomfortable with giving out their details I understand.

That said, everything looks great so far, I look forward to seeing how things continue!

Thx!

Pm send.

-Hopli

Hi, love this build. After seeing it I think im going to make my own pulse rifle. May I ask, what foam are you using? Im brand new to propmaking and this inspired me to start :)

Hi, love this build. After seeing it I think im going to make my own pulse rifle. May I ask, what foam are you using? Im brand new to propmaking and this inspired me to start :)

Thank you, its been a while but soon i'll have a huge update :).

I get my foam from a local cosplay shop here in Bruges. Its 100kg EVA Foam. Easy to sand, cut, paint and Durable. I've made my HEV suit out of the same material. (see my other thread).

-Hopli

Hi! Amazing build! I actually have a con coming up in November and I had my eye on a jacket but it seems to have disappeared -.-
I was wondering if you'd be able to let me know where you got your jacket? It looks amazing! Thanks and keep up the good work!

- A

Hey,

Just wanted to note that I'm still finishing this. But due to work and a project in my house its on the backburner atm. Will update when i continue!

Aaaa this is amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how the progress continues when you get back to it. I'm about to start on my own Soldier 76 cosplay, starting with the visor. Can you PM me with where you got the jacket? Thank you!

Looks absolutely amazing.

I know your tired of being asked but can I please have the details of the jacket. I would love to get one. it looks great quality.

keep up the posts mate. your an inspiration

Amazing work, looks very good. I too would love to know where you got the jacket from- sorry to be the hundredth person to ask!

Hey man, that looks AMAZING! he level of detail and work in the gun are mindblowing. Cant wait to see it finished

Hey man! hope your build is going well. Could you PM me the Details for your jacket I'm thinking of starting a 76 Build and want to start pricing some things out.

Cheers!

Can u please let me know where you purchased your jacker?

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - Back! 26/04 - PIC heavy!

Finally I'm back! (and not to save John & Sarah Conner)

But rather to finish my S76 cosplay!!!
Before I start, this thing about my jacket.... my inbox is pouring over with questions to where I obtained it.
So here it is:
if you google 'Soldier 76 leather jacket' you will find it super fast! You can't miss it

I will also add this to the first post! Please do not reply or PM me anymore just to ask where I got my jacket!! This should be enough info.

Now that we got that out of the way back to the topic at hand.

I have been gone for a while for a couple of reasons. The most important a huge renovation of the 2nd floor (third for Americans) of my house.
Basically I converted a huge attic to a master bedroom, walk-in closet, storage room and desk area.

Doing all the work myself this took weeks/months. It is finally finished and we are extremely happy with our new bedroom!
Being ready again to continue on my cosplay (something I missed allot). I found myself with the issue of still not having an actual room to do this.
Either the dining table was packed with my stuff and had to be emptied every few days for visits. Or I made so much dust my GF went crazy.
Time for a solution!!!.

Not having a garage or a garden shed I was giving up on the dream of having a spot for me to tinker and craft. The girlfriend seeing I was getting sad about this had an idea.
As we had built an extra storage room on the 2nd floor and having a new usable attic above it in the top of the roof, we were able to move just the right amount of stuff out of the storage room downstairs to the two said areas to make room for me.

Basically the storage room downstairs is a 3m by 1,82m room (9,8 feet by 5,9 feet for u crazy people out there). Small yes... but damn was I happy.
I hastily bought some lumber and together with allot of scraps and leftovers from the big renovation I was able to build my small place of solitude inside our house.

After two days the project was done:

ND4k0al.jpg

G8KsUwP.jpg

It is not big. And some of you will think What the f*. But for me its more than enough and I'm happier than ever. A place to work, where it can sit for a few days, where i can make noise and dust. Where everything is close by.

So this being said. Sorry to have left you in the dark. Work has restarted on the Pulse rifle and updates will flow in very soon! For people who's PM's I missed about the jacket, I hope the explanation above will satisfy.
For those who are here for the cosplay, rifle and mask. Stay tuned!

-Hopli-

Last edited:
Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - back! 26/04 - PIC heavy!

OK, here we go! Back on track :)

Yesterday I finished up some details on the front. So only the center section is left to be done. But hey details are important!

First, my barrel being a PVC pipe doesn't really fit the ingame model. Or a real rifle for that fact. I 'sculpted' a cap out of foam to give the top a smaller hole and add a chamfer.

I also added the vertical connections between the 'sliding pieces' finishing of that part.

xhm7NaL.jpg

isFnwBm.jpg

Next up I still needed to hide the cable's running into the rocket pod. This was done with the brackets that where still missing.

TD7Qawb.jpg

iMuKaOj.jpg

The lower barrel assy was still missing a bracket left and right

MGDVKMb.jpg

Started on the big parts for the center. These angle's are to big and shallow for a knife cut, and I don't have a belt sander at home (yet). So these where done with wood filler. (would pref bondo but the gasses and smell are to much to use inisde. And its pouring outside)

The left one nearly finished, right one has one pass and is drying.

W2F77Yl.jpg

Xe2nFuU.jpg

Thats it for now. After the weekend I'll have more and bigger updates. These are small but essential.

Some action shots (couldn't help myself).

QlapNVO.jpg

kJbDzjU.jpg

See ya soon!

-Hopli-

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 27/04 - PIC heavy!

Very cool man, comming along nicely, can't wait to see the mask. I live in brussels and I'm working on a Genji costume, we should cosplay togoether :) http://oliviercouston.com/genji/

Thx!

Your 3D printed ( I think?) parts look really amazing. Helps being a good 3D artist I guess :D (and holy crap that resume :eek: ). Did one year of DAE in Kortrijk. Loved the 3D, but the maths killed me. After I left they split up the courses. One of the only things I regret in life is not finishing that.
Anyway life goes on.

And yeah the mask is the only big thing left to do. The whole costume only has two difficult parts in my opinion. So i'm almoust halfway. Kinda scared for the mask, I made 3 peps already but all of them where to big. The fourth one was fine but then to small on the sides.

Everyone's face and jaw being different I will have to freehand that one. Allot of S76 cosplays have the mask a bit to big. It really really needs to be snug and close to my face.

I'm trying to get this done for FACTS in october! I would want to wear it to Gamescon aswell. But germany has changed their rules for prop weapons since the Terror attacks in europe. And going without the pulse rifle seems kinda odd.

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 27/04 - PIC heavy!

And yeah the mask is the only big thing left to do. The whole costume only has two difficult parts in my opinion. So i'm almoust halfway. Kinda scared for the mask, I made 3 peps already but all of them where to big. The fourth one was fine but then to small on the sides.

Everyone's face and jaw being different I will have to freehand that one. Allot of S76 cosplays have the mask a bit to big. It really really needs to be snug and close to my face.
I had the same problem with the genji helmet. Genji has a tiny head compared to his body, and if you use actual real world units, his helmet becomes so small that only a 12 years old child could wear it. I had to scale it up to 145%, and it's still hard to squeeze your head inside. I could have made it bigger, but I was affraid it would look weird

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back