Sculpting Compound Recommendations

PHArchivist

Master Member
Need a "set-in-place" compound that will cure without baking. Something I can apply directly to my project, sculpt, and have it "air dry".

I know Sculpey can be cured with a hair dryer.
I have some Aves Apoxie Sculpt that sets up in an hour two on its own

Anything else?

I love epoxy clays... think I might have an addictto them, ha ha. I keep Magic Sculpt, Green Stuff and tubes of 5 minute epoxy putty (the kind you can get from the hardware store) on hand at all times. Each has its specific use and cure time from longest (magic sculpt) to quickest (5min epoxy) and detail level in the same order. Magic sculpt is bad ass but if your like me and you sculpt on a build up style it takes forever to cure before you can safely work on it again. The green stuff is a great in the middle use bit cannot be smoothed like magic sculpt and the quick epoxy is great for quickly holding pieces together and layering another clay over it, I like to think of it as the super glue of the clay world.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back