The Unofficial Terminator 2 T-800 Builders Club

Is it possible Arnie's chest measured under 50" at the time of T2.

My 1:1 figure is 6'1" tall (too tall for Arnold, with a bigger frame), and I have a 45" chest on it that seems just about correct in proportions. I may be able to go 1" bigger on the chest, but any more than another inch on the pecs, and it would begin to border on looking absurd.

Now - the BACK of the mannequin is still anorexic. But even if I added 1" to the front, and 4" - 5" to the back, that is still barely 50"...

When measurements for body builders are taken (in an official capacity) is it post-work out when they are "pumped up"? And if so, hjow much on average do the muscles swell? 2%...? 5%...?

My 1:1 figure is 6'1" tall (too tall for Arnold, with a bigger frame), and I have a 45" chest on it that seems just about correct in proportions. I may be able to go 1" bigger on the chest, but any more than another inch on the pecs, and it would begin to border on looking absurd.

Now - the BACK of the mannequin is still anorexic. But even if I added 1" to the front, and 4" - 5" to the back, that is still barely 50"...

When measurements for body builders are taken (in an official capacity) is it post-work out when they are "pumped up"? And if so, hjow much on average do the muscles swell? 2%...? 5%...?

I'd say when they are "pumped" because in body building, size DOES matter.

By how much? Would depend on the individual and what they have in their system at the time of the measurement. And I am not just referring to Steroids because there are heap of other things the guys use now that keeps them in the class of "drug free".

My figure is now at 47" around the chest, with the back padded as well. Both the pecs and the lats are padded almost as much as possible with out looking silly. I may be able to go one more inch front and back, max. Beyond that, it would look - well - stupid.

One more inch front and back is still only 49". On a 6'1"frame...

I'm thinking Arnie was not over 50" (possibly under) at the time of T2...

:wacko haven't got a clue :lol

How did you like the reference photos? :)

Most excellent, and a delayed Thank You! is that a Planet Hollywood figure, or another Winston version? This one has considerable bruising around the edges of the torn chest. I may try that, though I've never tried realistic bruises before.

Also, the arm shot is great. In the film there are frames where the arm prosthetic also includes the elbow joint (like in the Sideshow replica). Tempted to add that, but probably won't.

Here are some shots of where I stand on the project.

Give me brutally honest feedback. Do the proportions look correct? Does the pose look natural, arms and legs? Are the muscles shaped OK?

IMG_6908.JPG

IMG_6909.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

Shoot me some feedback on the figure - shape and proportions. I posted some images...

- - - Updated - - -

He looks good.

Are you OK with the brightness of that LED?

I've got my eyes in my endo skull running off a single 1.5V battery. They glow but are not bright.

Thoughts on the figure...? Appreciate all feedback...

- - - Updated - - -

Cutting Dblanks knee was a brilliant idea. Wish I had thought of it before I installed it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAZ, what are your thoughts on the figure shape so far?

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea !

Steve - open to feedback if you're out there!

Here are some shots of where I stand on the project.

Give me brutally honest feedback. Do the proportions look correct? Does the pose look natural, arms and legs? Are the muscles shaped OK?

Arnold's chest is actually quite long. He always maintained that exercises like dips "drops the pecks". When you compare his physique to other body builder's his chest is almost triangular (cross section).

On you model, you could also benefit from building up the shoulders a touch.

Arnold's chest is actually quite long. He always maintained that exercises like dips "drops the pecks". When you compare his physique to other body builder's his chest is almost triangular (cross section).

On you model, you could also benefit from building up the shoulders a touch.

Yeah - shoulders and arms are still left to be done. Arms on the mannequin are 14". His max was 22". I'll probably split the difference at about 18".

One thing about the chest I want to adjust is it looks like my figure is MUCH stronger on the incline bench press. Too much mass at the top of the pecs, near the collar bones.

I'm actually liking the proportions...everything changes with clothes lol I'd dress him as he is now and take some pics. It's surprising how little is needed in some areas as it's either hidden or implied by the drape of the jacket and/or tshirt.

Really really loving the colouring of your bust and the hair work is some of the best I've seen on a resin bust.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm actually liking the proportions...everything changes with clothes lol I'd dress him as he is now and take some pics. It's surprising how little is needed in some areas as it's either hidden or implied by the drape of the jacket and/or tshirt.

Really really loving the colouring of your bust and the hair work is some of the best I've seen on a resin bust.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks TAZ... !

Yeah that bust is nearly 15 years old now, and I was coached by a master and a gentleman. The hair was an auburn / red wig, colored dark, much like Arnies. The hairline around the left temple and the gash is custom-glued. It has collected a LOT of dust over the years. Tried to get most of it out of the hair, but its tough. Re-aplied most of the blood work too.

Last edited:
Yeah - shoulders and arms are still left to be done. Arms on the mannequin are 14". His max was 22". I'll probably split the difference at about 18".

One thing about the chest I want to adjust is it looks like my figure is MUCH stronger on the incline bench press. Too much mass at the top of the pecs, near the collar bones.

I'd be going a bit bigger than 18, like 20" for the arms.

In my peak, I had 17 3/4" girth around the bicep. I could never brake the 18" and he was way bigger than I ever got. Today, I am at 16". The average male is 14 probably why the mannequin is the same.

Arnold's arms are famous on their own. And part of what makes his arms so awesome is the massive triceps. His are like 60% of the upper arm mass is tricep, so don't be afraid to bulk them up at the back. If you watch Pumping Iron, there is a scene where he is having a look at himself standing in front of two mirrors and the double image makes him look massive. In articles I have read about him, his one drive was always to have bigger triceps.

His chest cuts in at the base. Part of that what makes him look so proportioned is the length of his pecks here where some body builders of the day, had smaller, more rounder peck. Some guys with small round pecks and decent abs almost look bit snake like. Arnold never had that. He was just balanced. Each muscle was proportioned to the next.

If you look at him in the first Terminator film vs Commando, you notice he slimmed down to a more athletic version. I think his physique in Commando is probably his best look of his film acting career. In T2, he is closer to Commando build than T1.

I'd be going a bit bigger than 18, like 20" for the arms.

In my peak, I had 17 3/4" girth around the bicep. I could never brake the 18" and he was way bigger than I ever got. Today, I am at 16". The average male is 14 probably why the mannequin is the same.

Arnold's arms are famous on their own. And part of what makes his arms so awesome is the massive triceps. His are like 60% of the upper arm mass is tricep, so don't be afraid to bulk them up at the back. If you watch Pumping Iron, there is a scene where he is having a look at himself standing in front of two mirrors and the double image makes him look massive. In articles I have read about him, his one drive was always to have bigger triceps.

His chest cuts in at the base. Part of that what makes him look so proportioned is the length of his pecks here where some body builders of the day, had smaller, more rounder peck. Some guys with small round pecks and decent abs almost look bit snake like. Arnold never had that. He was just balanced. Each muscle was proportioned to the next.

If you look at him in the first Terminator film vs Commando, you notice he slimmed down to a more athletic version. I think his physique in Commando is probably his best look of his film acting career. In T2, he is closer to Commando build than T1.

Worked on the on the right bicep during the football game today. Ended up at 20" with more mass on the tri than the bi. So sounds like I'm in the ball park.

FYI my personal default is 15". My personal max is about 17". I'm 6'4", FWIW...

Worked on the on the right bicep during the football game today. Ended up at 20" with more mass on the tri than the bi. So sounds like I'm in the ball park.

FYI my personal default is 15". My personal max is about 17". I'm 6'4", FWIW...

Cool.

When I was in my 20s, I met this guy (a far bit older than myself, maybe 40ish at the time) in the gym who claimed to have met Arnold in Sydney in the early 1980s (for his 7th Olympia). This guy was the biggest man I have ever met. When he walked into the gym, everyone would just stop and stare. I was the only one that ever spoke to him and as a result, he imparted knowledge on how i could get bigger, faster. He changed the way I benched, squatted, rowed, everything. What ever I thought I was doing right, he'd show me a better way. His explanation just made sense including the 60% theory which was what changed the size of my arms from peaky but thin to big, wide and round.

Most excellent, and a delayed Thank You! is that a Planet Hollywood figure, or another Winston version? This one has considerable bruising around the edges of the torn chest. I may try that, though I've never tried realistic bruises before.

Also, the arm shot is great. In the film there are frames where the arm prosthetic also includes the elbow joint (like in the Sideshow replica). Tempted to add that, but probably won't.

I *think* it's a SW version, because it looks better than the average PH version.
It's all about options ;)

I'm no anatomy expert - with that said, to my novice eyes, the head actually looks a little big for the body, which I find very odd :wacko so I will ignore that and blame it on lens distortion :p
It looks like a smooth transition between the head portion and the rest of the upper body so that's really good. Arms looks a lil skinny for Arnie standards, BUT it looks really good in comparison with the rest of the figure so I would leave that alone. The ass looks really good.... tape string, that's tight :lol :lol :lol
Only thing I'm not a fan of would be the red eye lens, which should be clear ;)
I like the black scratch marks on the endo cheek bone area :)

When are you getting rid of the arm? ;)

I *think* it's a SW version, because it looks better than the average PH version.
It's all about options ;)

I'm no anatomy expert - with that said, to my novice eyes, the head actually looks a little big for the body, which I find very odd :wacko so I will ignore that and blame it on lens distortion :p
It looks like a smooth transition between the head portion and the rest of the upper body so that's really good. Arms looks a lil skinny for Arnie standards, BUT it looks really good in comparison with the rest of the figure so I would leave that alone. The ass looks really good.... tape string, that's tight :lol :lol :lol
Only thing I'm not a fan of would be the red eye lens, which should be clear ;)
I like the black scratch marks on the endo cheek bone area :)

When are you getting rid of the arm? ;)

I'd noticed the same thing about the head, and agree on all accounts. Logically, it shouldn't be too big for the body, as this is a buffed out 6'1" frame. And I only notice it in that shot, so it may be something weird with the pic.

Do still need to work on the transition a little bit, and build up the traps and delts in the process.

Discussed the arms above - mannequin arms are 14"; I padded it out to about 18" - 20".

The tape string your seeing is actually the cleavage of the chest!

Lens won't be changed; that's what went in 10-15 years ago when I did the bust, and won't be coming back out. Oh well...

The black markings on the chrome skull actually went on to mask some finishing defects in the Fanta-chroming process!

Next steps:

I pretty much finished the right bicep last night, but it still needs a little work. Plus I have to add the padding for the traps and delts, then match the left bicep. Then I will attach the chest plate. At that point, I'll do the broken arm. Right hand will be last, and I'm not really looking forward to it as it will all be custom built.

After that, its the finishing details, fine-tuning costume fit, touching up blood work, any other adjustments that need to be made.

Oh, and the replacement jackets should arrive today. Weathering the jacket will be its own little sub-project.

Here are some shots with the shirt on:

IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

IMG_6913.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

Last edited:
He is looking good. Just wants bigger arms. I'd go for 20".

They are at 19.5" right now, and may have to go smaller due to the jacket. The replacement jackets arrived today. Didn't even open the Large, as the Medium is just about perfect for the nearly-too-small look I want. But the diameter of the arms on the Medium make a 20" arm VERY tight.

Also, the chest is bugging me. Just too much mass in the upper half. May need to make some adjustments there.

They are at 19.5" right now, and may have to go smaller due to the jacket. The replacement jackets arrived today. Didn't even open the Large, as the Medium is just about perfect for the nearly-too-small look I want. But the diameter of the arms on the Medium make a 20" arm VERY tight.

Also, the chest is bugging me. Just too much mass in the upper half. May need to make some adjustments there.

OK WOW. That not so accurate jacket I have would easily fit someone with 18" arms.

Yeah, if the chest is say packed out 1" out at the top, you will want the base at least 4" deep.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back