Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

The Mad Professor

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

Launches in November for $59.99

Nintendo is bringing back the NES — only a little smaller.

Today the company announced what it's calling the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. It looks just like a NES, only a lot tinier, and it comes with 30 games built in. You can connect it to your TV via a HDMI cable, and it also includes a controller designed to work just like the iconic rectangular NES gamepad. (The new controller will also connect to a Wii Remote, so that you can use it to play Virtual Console games on a Wii or Wii U.)

In addition to HDMI support and a lack of cartridges, the new mini-console also features one useful modern convenience: multiple suspend points, so that you won't have to fumble around with passwords when you start playing a game again. The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99.

Here's the complete list of games:
•Balloon Fight
•Bubble Bobble
•Castlevania
•Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
•Donkey Kong
•Donkey Kong Jr.
•Double Dragon II: The Revenge
•Dr. Mario
•Excitebike
•Final Fantasy
•Galaga
•Ghosts'N Goblins
•Gradius
•Ice Climber
•Kid Icarus
•Kirby's Adventure
•Mario Bros.
•Mega Man 2
•Metroid
•Ninja Gaiden
•Pac-Man
•Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
•StarTropics
•Super C
•Super Mario Bros.
•Super Mario Bros. 2
•Super Mario Bros. 3
•Tecmo Bowl
•The Legend of Zelda
•Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

SQUEEEEE! My childhood is happy now!

I'm in. I love it.

I have a lot of these games downloaded on the wii... but I like the idea of switching on a little nintendo and playing on the correct controller.

Nintendo could make millions of it rerelease the original system with multi game carts. I have one cart that has 150 games on it. I love it.

yep.

I'd rather have a REAL nintendo and all the games on multi game carts.

It won't effect their VC side, because the newer crowd just wants downloads.

but to cherry pick the same games on VC like we've never seen them come out before gets tiring.
when are they going to put out their entire library?

as I understood it, the gun was a camera... it would read the square pixel patterns and if it matched, "hit"...

So not sure why that wouldn't work...

but honestly, I'm still amazed by the "movie pictures!" on my TV... I don't understand the tech at all

Wizardry.

I'm tentatively excited about this. I've been looking into buying an old system lately.

I looked at the retron systems (Supposedly they handle old catridges from various systems, including original Ninetendo and N64), but the reviews make me doubt the quality of the controllers.

And as we all remember: some of those games leave no room for error. I actually got a USB controller to play punch out and metroid on my PC, but even the slightest delay in controller makes some moments completely unplayable.

If this has the quality level of the original, it'll be totally worth it.

I'm tentatively excited about this. I've been looking into buying an old system lately.

I still have my old one, but would jump on this. Mine is in great shape, but in classic style, I still have to push the power button like, 50 times, and blow in the cartridges...

Oh and the best, when you're an hour into a game, and suddenly a black line comes down the screen... then another... and another... as you rush to a save point.

Good times.

But that's what you get with an original...

30 is all you get apparently. Which sucks as I can get a sega one around christmas that as 60 games and a port to play old genesis cartridges for 40.00

Wtf...no ice hockey or blades of steel

This.

30 games sounds like a lot but their old catalog was enormous. And $60 buys about two tanks of gasoline these days.

I would rather pay $100+ for this system and get the top 50+ games.

Did they build in any capacity to add more games later? That would be a BIG plus.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back