USS VOYAGER 1/2 studio scale scratch built

Holy Cow, what a fantastic project! You really are moving at warp speed on this. How long have you actually been working on it? I really admire your craftsmanship and ingenuity with the build. So cool!

Where/how are you planning to display it when its completed?

Voyager is my favorite Trek ship. I can't wait to see her when you're done.

(y)love

Last edited by a moderator:
I Started building Voyager a while ago it's still not finished but I will bring you up to date over the next few weeks. For the display I learned to sand cast al.Built a furnace and cast a solid piece of AL. based on what came with the model

IMG_1281.JPGbasic paint and airbrushing

IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1327.JPGI went with fiber optics on this build I have since switched over to led strips and magnet wire But as I said this one is a cluster I installed a 4 channel remote the first 3 are to turn on various lights and channel 4 makes the nacelles go up and down

I spent a week building the Captains Yacht . It was never featured in the series but it was there you could see the outline on the bottom center of the main hull. .The story was that Voyager was sent to the badlands before it was finished . I guess Paris could have taken care of that but he decited to build the Delta Flyer from scratch even though it was too big to fit in the shuttle bay. But hey it's only a show SLAP!! sorry I didn't mean to say that. I will post pictures to show how I prototyped the ship through several stages until I was happy. In the end I cast it in clear resin added 2 red leds and a magnet to hold it while docked and coin cell battery box.{ see post 15 for first picture}

Last edited:
base 2.pngbase.pngThis is the base that holds Voyager up. I made it out of foam, buried it in sand and poured in molten aluminum, The foam went poof and when I dug it out an hour later I had this. I pitted and weathered it on purpose so it would match up with my model.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back