Rubies BVS Grapple Gun

spiderfan11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got this puppy in the mail today. For those curious about it: very worth the cost. It'll take a tiny bit of work to look SA, but I'm not at all disappointed in the purchase. I'll update this thread as I work on fixing it up!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Very nice paintup on those. I hadn't even realised they had come out. I'm guessing it doesn't come with any of the hooks to go on there, eh?

Hope someone starts making those soon. Will definitely be worth a pickup.

No, unfortunately no hooks came with, but I'm sure head be easy enough for someone to 3D model. I'll try to post more pics this week!

I have made the grapple pieces available through Shapeways. A couple notes: I'm not sure they are the right scale for your grapple (I made them to scale with my own grapple model). They are not designed with moving parts. The tines must be glued into position. I made one open and one closed for myself. There are 4 parts to make 1 grapple dart... 3 tines and one shaft. Finally, you can find them on Shapeways by looking up 13doctorwho.

Your welcome to try them, but I really need to improve them. So use at your own risk (or not). good luck!

I'll have to try the aqua man figure out for the hooks, thanks!

And as for whether or not it's 1:1 scale, that would be hard to say as I haven't seen the original one in person, but it seems the right scale to me.

So far the only place I've seen it for sale is entertainmentearth.com

But they've been sold out for a couple weeks now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back