Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I lived in the universe where this entire reboot never existed.

It's just getting worse and worse as they continue to pump garbage out to make a quick buck. It's sad, pathetic and offensive to me

I just hate that all these reboots have divided the fan base.

you have those willing to accept lackluster and just enjoy the ride.

you have those never going to accept it, and having fun bashing it to shreds,

and the two sides will never get along.

meanwhile, these reboots never gain tread, or gain tread for long, but will always still be be around dividing, and the process continues.

sigh

Butt hurt? Nah. The last time I checked, I was celebrating the failure of Feigbusters. So no hurt on my part. But there are lots of butt hurt going on with the pro rebooters trying to salvage what they can from the Feigbusters failure. I will leave it at this: Until the Reboot Scum admit they were wrong in supporting the Feigbusters dumpster fire, the divide and hate in the GB Fandom shall continue.

And there is no way I will become an active member of GBFans again. That place is just toxic.

the only people butt hurt around here seem to be feigbuster supporters. with the added attraction of trying to make the detractors look bad, all for continually having fun bashing a worthless movie :).

the rest of the supporters have quietly moved on to other movies to champion and have long forgotten what made this one so important to them for about 10 months ;o).

Meanwhile, those of us who are detractors are having fun in the freedom of knowing that we CAN dis what we used to love as appropriate.
it's not going to stop. better get used to it, or just use the ignore feature :)
when the average fan gets ignored, trashed, thrown into the mud, and then walked on, by what you used to love, it deserves all the bashing it can get after supporting it for so long :).
But, we've been through this before about 50 times already. only the supporters refuse to understand it :).

that's my story and i'm sticking too it ;o).

- - - Updated - - -

why do I constantly feel like there is an off shore betting league placing bets to see how many times they can get supporters explain this :).?

Actually, I gotta say, I'm getting a little tired of the back and forth, myself. I mean, what's the point now? The film didn't do as well as the studio hoped. There probably won't be a sequel. The "Anti" forces have "won."

Isn't it time to move on already?

If there's interesting behind-the-scenes stuff -- like, actually confirmed information, rather than just "Some random dude on Reddit says..." -- then, ok, that might be interesting, but....really, the ballgame's over. But doing nothing more than continually *******ing on the film is accomplishing nothing. Let's have an actual discussion instead.

Actually, I gotta say, I'm getting a little tired of the back and forth, myself. I mean, what's the point now? The film didn't do as well as the studio hoped. There probably won't be a sequel. The "Anti" forces have "won."

Isn't it time to move on already?

If there's interesting behind-the-scenes stuff -- like, actually confirmed information, rather than just "Some random dude on Reddit says..." -- then, ok, that might be interesting, but....really, the ballgame's over. But doing nothing more than continually *******ing on the film is accomplishing nothing. Let's have an actual discussion instead.

someone once asked if anyone works in this thread ;o)..

I wonder why people still have been browsing this thread for the past 20 pages or so if it's not to their liking ;o).

just feel grateful your life isn't as sad as those of us who get enjoyment out of trashing it and move on ;o).

There can always be a 'ghostbusters appreciation thread' for positive stuff. but the feigbusters realm is nothing but a toxic waste dump at this point! :)

Oh, I totally agree. I've been wanting to have some discussion in this thread, but I keep getting drawn into petty squabbles that are started after I post something that isn't trashing the reboot. That is what's annoying. Movies that have made way less have been discussed more without drama from people that didn't like it.

So how about it, goldenhawk ? Any chance you want to continue our discussion on the fandom? Any answers or rebuttals for my questions? I honestly find your justification of rage and hate fascinating.

Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? Is it strictly a hobby of complaining?

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, now you try actual conversation after solo leaves ;o)..

personally, it's a pet peeve of mine that sometimes sith sabers look more pinkish blue than blood red. if you're going to go red, go full spectrum without a doubt red :).
but then again,, im color blind so it might just be me

Well my input into this is the Fact THAT I felt that they should have made this movie from a carry off of the orginal cast, as if there children are the new GB, being that they used one character as the uncle that owned a funeral home, I feel that the movie would have felt new, but would have connected better to the older crowd, so that the new francise could have new and old viewers.......That's just my take and I did like it just not as much as the orginal one.....

I liked the idea of a grown up Oscar being on a new team that was allegedly part of one of the scripts made at one point. Now the idea of Michael Cera playing him, not so much.

This was part of my dream cast, really would have loved to see Bill Hader and maybe Lauren Lapkus as the secretary. Maybe on the next go round.

IMG_2787.JPG

... I felt that they should have made this movie from a carry off of the orginal cast, as if there children are the new GB...

I think most of us agree that handing off the franchise/adventures to a new group of "Busters", regardless of gender, instead of a reboot would have been more forgivable.

Oh, I totally agree. I've been wanting to have some discussion in this thread, but I keep getting drawn into petty squabbles that are started after I post something that isn't trashing the reboot. That is what's annoying. Movies that have made way less have been discussed more without drama from people that didn't like it.

So how about it, @goldenhawk ? Any chance you want to continue our discussion on the fandom? Any answers or rebuttals for my questions? I honestly find your justification of rage and hate fascinating.

Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? Is it strictly a hobby of complaining?
If you must know, our franchise was created in the 1980s by Paranorman himself. I have been a member of the GB community since the early 1990s, of and on with the franchise until I took over events coordination in 2007. We have been supportive and active in the GB community, even through the 'dark days'. When Feig and Sony released news of a new GB movie, we were ecstatic. However, when we found out that the new movie was a reboot meant to replace all that came from the first two movies, we were disappointed and flat out angry. We know Sony doesn't owe us or the fandom anything. But Sony recognized that the fans and the fandom were there. Sony saw the dollar signs and they wanted to cash in. The reboot was the wrong way of doing it. Nothing like feeling of being stabbed in the back with this reboot. Now all these pro rebooters crying about how the anti reboot crowd is ruining their day and invading there safe places make the fandom look like a bunch of whiny and weak cry babies. And the banning of the anti rebooters by the pro reboot crowd from GB Facebook and fan pages is just more gasoline to the dumpster fire. So yeah, all I have is anger for what the GB Fandom has become.

And on top of that, watching the reboot actually makes me feel ashamed of being a long time Ghosthead.

Last edited:
If you must know, our franchise was created in the 1980s by Paranorman himself. I have been a member of the GB community since the early 1990s, of and on with the franchise until I took over events coordination in 2007. We have been supportive and active in the GB community, even through the 'dark days'. When Feig and Sony released news of a new GB movie, we were ecstatic. However, when we found out that the new movie was a reboot meant to replace all that came from the first two movies, we were disappointed and flat out angry. We know Sony doesn't owe us or the fandom anything. But Sony recognized that the fans and the fandom were there. Sony saw the dollar signs and they wanted to cash in. The reboot was the wrong way of doing it. Nothing like feeling of being stabbed in the back with this reboot. Now all these pro rebooters crying about how the anti reboot crowd is ruining their day and invading there safe places make the fandom look like a bunch of whiny and weak cry babies. And the banning of the anti rebooters by the pro reboot crowd from GB Facebook and fan pages is just more gasoline to the dumpster fire. So yeah, all I have is anger for what the GB Fandom has become.

And on top of that, watching the reboot actually makes me feel ashamed of being a long time Ghosthead.

Minus involvement in a franchise, pretty much.

and some of those FB fan pages wonder why we joke about them being paid by sony with such heavy handed tactics ;o).
I also find it odd that only ONE out of all of them, spook central, dares to let people talk the truth, as well as truth talk themselves.
you don't even haveto be rabid anti reboot like we are to get banned or told to stay off the facebook pages,either. even people who do mild dissent are getting pounded on by pro rebooters in gangland style hampering :).

that's why I find it all the more important to continue the dissenting voice, even in minscule doses.. when you try to silence opinions, it only makes those opinions louder :). and you have to show to other studios, you can't bully your former fanbase away from a property they helped keep alive for the 'dark years' far more than sony ever did. you treat fans with respect, you get rewarded. you come in and produce crap like bay turtles, or feigbusters, trying to put your spin on things and ignoring even the basics..expect to get ram rodded..

If you all bow over after being treated like sony treated us (rather than just ignore the few real idiots and let the movie speak for itself)....it sends the wrong message.

- - - Updated - - -

but, of course, after this having been explained 15 times already, everyone already knows this.

but, since this is obviously some kind of bizarre drinking game, I'll play along..

Now all these pro rebooters crying about how the anti reboot crowd is ruining their day and invading there safe places make the fandom look like a bunch of whiny and weak cry babies.
Yay! I was wondering when we would have some more generalizations, much like what you guys were whining about with being lumped in with misogynists and racists. I mean, I'm down if we're going back in that direction...

So the pro-rebooters are whiny and weak cry babies? Maybe I'm missing out on some aggressive pro-rebooters, but I'm seeing continual whining vs. indifference in regards to a movie in this thread. You're the one that has let a modern, corporate IP-exploitative cash-grab movie completely change your views on what you enjoy. That sounds whiny and weak to me, but eh... agree to disagree!

WAIIIITTT... it's now the pro-reboot crowd that's whining about safe spaces? I thought that was pretty much only Neil being offended and blocking people?! I would love to see examples of this stuff, because lordy-- I have plenty to choose from on my end! :)

So yeah, all I have is anger for what the GB Fandom has become. And on top of that, watching the reboot actually makes me feel ashamed of being a long time Ghosthead.
Okay, so the reboot has made you ashamed to be a fan and you have nothing but anger for GB-- that has been established. Do you plan to still plan to GB cosplay? If so, do you plan to turn a cold shoulder to excited kids dressed in reboot costumes at events? Will you roll your eyes if someone quotes GB16? You speak a big game within the anonymity of the internet, but where does your hatred end when dealing with the general public in costume-- i.e. representing the fandom?

I'm GENUINELY interested here. The real-world outcome of the hater rage in cosplay that deals with the general public has me curious. I would love to see some sort of psychoanalysis article covering the subject.

Last edited:
Yay! I was wondering when we would have some more generalizations, much like what you guys were whining about with being lumped in with misogynists and racists. I mean, I'm down if we're going back in that direction...

So the pro-rebooters are whiny and weak cry babies? Maybe I'm missing out on some aggressive pro-rebooters, but I'm seeing continual whining vs. indifference in regards to a movie in this thread. You're the one that has let a modern, corporate IP-exploitative cash-grab movie completely change your views on what you enjoy. That sounds whiny and weak to me, but eh... agree to disagree!

WAIIIITTT... it's now the pro-reboot crowd that's whining about safe spaces? I thought that was pretty much only Neil being offended and blocking people?! I would love to see examples of this stuff, because lordy-- I have plenty to choose from on my end! :)

Okay, so the reboot has made you ashamed to be a fan and you have nothing but anger for GB-- that has been established. Do you plan to still plan to GB cosplay? If so, do you plan to turn a cold shoulder to excited kids dressed in reboot costumes at events? Will you roll your eyes if someone quotes GB16? You speak a big game within the anonymity of the internet, but where does your hatred end when dealing with the general public in costume-- i.e. representing the fandom?

I'm GENUINELY interested here. The real-world outcome of the hater rage in cosplay that deals with the general public has me curious. I would love to see some sort of psychoanalysis article covering the subject.
Turn a cold shoulder to anything that has to do with Feigbusters while doing appearances......what a novel idea on your part. Except that we have been doing that for the past year. Nobody in our group is allowed to wear the reboot uniform with orange stripes. We ignore any discussions or answer questions about the reboot with 'No comment.' We take 'mini-breaks' whenever someone in reboot costume want to take a picture. We figured if they are dressed in reboot stuff, why would they want a picture with the old guys anyway. We got thrown out of a movie theater when someone called one of our heavier busters Melissa McCarthy and he took exception to it. A fight between our GB and the hecklers almost started. Say "who you gonna call to me" and I will walk away or ignore you because that line makes me want to punch you in the face. It goes on and on. Unfortunately, we are bound by annual commitments to make appearances this Halloween. Otherwise, we would skip it and lay low.

Say "who you gonna call to me" and I will walk away or ignore you because that line makes me want to punch you in the face.
Classy. Sounds like you should skip the appearances and lay low anyway, or maybe pass the torch to someone in your group who might be a little more friendly to the general public. The fandom has taken enough damage this summer.

Classy. Sounds like you should skip the appearances and lay low anyway, or maybe pass the torch to someone in your group who might be a little more friendly to the general public. The fandom has taken enough damage this summer.
Pass the torch to someone in our group. LOL. Dude, my entire group feels the same way.

You say 'damage this summer'. Who cares. We are small in number. Compared to the other larger fandoms, we are inconsequential anyway.

...we are inconsequential anyway.
Inconsequential? I think Aykroyd's "insignificant gnats" bit works well here, too. :lol

What were the words you used? Weak and whiny? I can see it now--a bunch of pissy GB cosplayers getting huffy every time someone says the catch phrase that has been tied with the property since 1984. Keep perpetuating that newly-formed stereotype, man.

Inconsequential? I think Aykroyd's "insignificant gnats" bit works well here, too. :lol

What were the words you used? Weak and whiny? I can see it now--a bunch of pissy GB cosplayers getting huffy every time someone says the catch phrase that has been tied with the property since 1984. Keep perpetuating that newly-formed stereotype, man.
Who you gonna call only became irritating when Sony used it to market Feigbusters earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back