Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is WAY more productive than whining on a message board about it. :D

Holding out hope for a Holtzman and Tolan spinoff where they're traveling to other dimensions for research or something. Sort of an inter-dimensional Lethal Weapon or something.
Holding out for the discarding of anything from Feigbusters, and perhaps the closing and selling of Ghost Corps to Disney.

Whining. All I can see on GBFans are all the pro rebooters whining and coming up with excuses and whining about how the reboot is not the failure that it is in paper

it is rumored that the loss for Sony is greater than $70 million. So whatever hopes you have of such a stupid cross dimensional film has pretty much ended. Give it up. Feigbusters and anything from it are dead.

All I can see on GBFans are all the pro rebooters whining and coming up with excuses and whining about how the reboot is not the failure that it is in paper
If that's all you're seeing on GBFans, then you really need to venture out of the reboot forum. There's some pretty cool stuff going on elsewhere in the fandom. :)

Man, you REALLY don't like people even talking about it, do you? :lol

il_570xN.692835590_ene8.jpg

If that's all you're seeing on GBFans, then you really need to venture out of the reboot forum. There's some pretty cool stuff going on elsewhere in the fandom. :)

Man, you REALLY don't like people even talking about it, do you? :lol

https://img0.etsystatic.com/048/2/7429214/il_570xN.692835590_ene8.jpg
Like what, builds of that stupid Feig Pack? No thanks, been there and done that. Not impressed. More copy cats of the Arizona GBs. Oh please. Let's have some originality.

GBFans used to be a cool place. Where people in the fandom came to learn to build stuff, exchange ideas, trade stuff. Build props. Now it sucks. Why, because AJ and his cronies decided to chase the all mighty dollar by pandering to the rebooters in hopes of increasing the sites viewers and ultimately his sales. But what AJ didn't see coming are the old guard leaving his site. The ones that help research parts and build props. They are all gone. Thanks to the reboot and AJ himself. AJ bought all that reboot merchandise. Hopefully he gets stuck with it, puts them on clearance and loses his ass like he lost his soul.

Last edited:
Like what, builds of that stupid Feig Pack? No thanks, been there and done that. Not impressed.
Unseen photos and production art from the original movies are popping up almost on a daily basis. There have been countless interviews with Aykroyd and Reitman discussing the development and production of the two movies over the past few months-- stuff which has NEVER been revealed. New high-end collector merch from the original film is pouring out to the marketplace, with more insanely cool stuff to come. There's a new making-of documentary with even MORE unreleased/unseen behind the scenes material, with the potential of a 4+ hour cut. One of the first decent Giga Meter electronics packages ever offered was just released. Production-era reference photos of the hero packs have come to light, plus fans got to hands-on dissect the hero packs. There's an AWESOME comic series. Hell, even the head honcho of the GB2 creature shop at ILM has been posting on GBFans!

ALL of this has been happening over the past year or so. There's a lot to enjoy with the GB fandom if you stop focusing on things that you don't like. :)

Last edited:
Saw the movie last week. It was what I expected; a popcorn flick. Had some funny moments, some really stupid stuff and felt rushed scriptwise like every summer movie.

what the hell did i just watch?

When you hear 'theme park attraction' I don't know what you'd imagine.. but in this case, it seems to be four cosplayers and a weird looking fire engine type truck...and a bunch of guys dressed as white sheet ghosts..

Last edited by a moderator:
Unseen photos and production art from the original movies are popping up almost on a daily basis. There have been countless interviews with Aykroyd and Reitman discussing the development and production of the two movies over the past few months-- stuff which has NEVER been revealed. New high-end collector merch from the original film is pouring out to the marketplace, with more insanely cool stuff to come. There's a new making-of documentary with even MORE unreleased/unseen behind the scenes material, with the potential of a 4+ hour cut. One of the first decent Giga Meter electronics packages ever offered was just released. Production-era reference photos of the hero packs have come to light, plus fans got to hands-on dissect the hero packs. There's an AWESOME comic series. Hell, even the head honcho of the GB2 creature shop at ILM has been posting on GBFans!

ALL of this has been happening over the past year or so. There's a lot to enjoy with the GB fandom if you stop focusing on things that you don't like. :)
Meh. Whatever. Not interested. GBFans is a joke.

what the hell did i just watch?

When you hear 'theme park attraction' I don't know what you'd imagine.. but in this case, it seems to be four cosplayers and a weird looking fire engine type truck...and a bunch of guys dressed as white sheet ghosts..

https://youtu.be/vB5rrrLxEPA
Just as one thinks the level of stupid for Feigbusters couldn't get any higher, crap like this show up. I swear, the level of stupid in the GB fandom is on the order of magnitude of a 35 foot long, 600 pound Twinkie. I blame Feig. Accordingly, Sony has now changed the Feigbusters Logo to this:
image.jpeg

including one of the places posting this saying with a straight face that they want to go there to see this wonder ;o).

just because it has a no ghost logo on it doesn't mean you have to look at it in wonder and say, 'I have to see this amazing thing' folks.
It's ok to trash something because it looks stupid once in a while ;o).

I wish I lived in the universe where this entire reboot never existed.

It's just getting worse and worse as they continue to pump garbage out to make a quick buck. It's sad, pathetic and offensive to me

I do not remember who it was, but I think a few years ago we had a member sporting this inspiring signature:
"I despise your reality, so I replace it with my own."

In my personal reality there are lots and lots and lots of things not happening or have never happened. Simply because I have not or did not have the time to experience them. Ignorance is bliss, right?

I do not remember who it was, but I think a few years ago we had a member sporting this inspiring signature:

In my personal reality there are lots and lots and lots of things not happening or have never happened. Simply because I have not or did not have the time to experience them. Ignorance is bliss, right?

I believe that's a phrase associated with Adam Savage, IIRC.

As much as I'd like to be "blissfully Ignorant" of my reality, I do not feel the benefits of being as such would outweigh going through life being just straight up stupid.

Ya'll can go waste your money on hypocritically sexist pieces of work that SJW's drool over. I know better. I refuse to fall into such garbage.

Meh. Whatever. Not interested. GBFans is a joke.

Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? The only description I can think of is butthurt troll, but that tends to get people salty around here.

Is it strictly a hobby of complaining? I'm honestly curious. :)

Last edited:
Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? The only description I can think of is butthurt troll, but that tends to get people salty around here.

Is it strictly a hobby of complaining? I'm honestly curious. :)
Butt hurt? Nah. The last time I checked, I was celebrating the failure of Feigbusters. So no hurt on my part. But there are lots of butt hurt going on with the pro rebooters trying to salvage what they can from the Feigbusters failure. I will leave it at this: Until the Reboot Scum admit they were wrong in supporting the Feigbusters dumpster fire, the divide and hate in the GB Fandom shall continue.

And there is no way I will become an active member of GBFans again. That place is just toxic.

Last edited:
Butt hurt? Nah. The last time I checked, I was celebrating the failure of Feigbusters. So no hurt on my part. But there are lots of butt hurt going on with the pro rebooters trying to salvage what they can from the Feigbusters failure. I will leave it at this: Until the Reboot Scum admit they were wrong in supporting the Feigbusters dumpster fire, the divide and hate in the GB Fandom shall continue.

Interesting view. :lol

Okay, ignoring the butthurt troll bit, any thoughts or rebuttal for the other questions in my previous post?

Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? Is it strictly a hobby of complaining?

I believe that's a phrase associated with Adam Savage, IIRC.

As much as I'd like to be "blissfully Ignorant" of my reality, I do not feel the benefits of being as such would outweigh going through life being just straight up stupid.

Ya'll can go waste your money on hypocritically sexist pieces of work that SJW's drool over. I know better. I refuse to fall into such garbage.

Adam's quote is actually "I reject your reality and substitute my own." as I recall.

Okay, ignoring the butthurt troll bit, any thoughts or rebuttal for the other questions in my previous post?

Okay, so going by the list of things happening on AND off GBFans posted above, you aren't interested in anything cool/new from the original movies. You have been vocal about not enjoying cosplay anymore. You obviously aren't interested in the reboot. What exactly ARE you interested in that spurs this passion to consistently whine about GB? Is it strictly a hobby of complaining?

Probably because the franchise has been appropriated by Feigbusters Shills and feminazis

Nope. Nothing else to add to the mess that is the GB Fandom.

What about you? You seem so gung-ho about GB and Feigbusters? What drives one such as yourself to accept everything and anything with a GB logo on it? The need to feel accepted? Being one of AJ's cronies?

Nope. Nothing else to add to the mess that is the GB Fandom.

What about you? You seem so gung-ho about GB and Feigbusters? What drives one such as yourself to accept everything and anything with a GB logo on it? The need to feel accepted? Being one of AJ's cronies?
Wow-- aggressive! Have you been swimming around Van Horne again?

At what point did I say or imply that I accept everything with a GB logo on it? It's actually quite the opposite. Excuse the stream of consciousness rambling-- I shy away from most merch. Didn't much care for TVG, outside of gameplay. Can't make it through a single ep of EGB, let alone a bulk of RGB. Aside from passing nostalgia, I don't have a big interest in the old Kenner toy line. I'm not big on cons-- seeing cast members, autographs, that sort of thing. I think 90% of cosplayers get the GB finger point completely wrong.

My interest in GB lies in the original films. Diving in and reading about the development/production of the original two is what set me on my current career path, and continues to creatively inspire me today. I've been collecting original production ephemera from GB/GB2/early GB3 since the early 00s. Production art, scripts, props, set dressing, maquettes, film elements, call sheets, etc. With a huge interest in production minutiae, I'm sure you can understand how you bringing up acceptance is a bit puzzling. Very, very few GB fans are into that sort of thing. A bulk of the fanbase seems to be interested solely in the cosplay stuff, which aside from Halloween bar hopping, isn't a big thing for me.

As for GB16-- I enjoyed the anticipation, I enjoyed going to see it with my girlfriend. I had fun with it. I did the VR thing at Madame Tussauds and had a blast. I've been keeping up with GB3 news/rumors since the late 90s. I've read some of the sequel scripts that were generated by Aykroyd/Sony. It was never something I honestly wanted to see. When development ramped back up in the late 00s, I adjusted my expectations. When Feig was announced, I adjusted my expectations even more. I've always been of the mindset that, at worst, mediocre reboot > mediocre sequel. The movie turned out to be almost exactly what I was expecting from a modern GB remake directed by Paul Feig. Seeing how franchise elements were adapted by another crew was interesting. Some of it I liked, some I didn't. I have hardcore GB fan friends that liked it, and others that didn't. I don't hold their opinions against them in the least, unless they act like pissy third graders on the playground. They have the ability to discuss their thoughts without drama, without aggression. This isn't a football game or politics.

As for defending GB16-- I can defend my thoughts/opinions on it, but that's about it. I have no vested interest, so box office doesn't really bother me. I would honestly be happy with the property just being left alone, but it's cool to see kids enjoying it. GB16 isn't personally what I would have done had I been given the keys to the franchise, but I enjoyed it for what it was. I'm enjoying the 4K release of the original two movies that was brought on by the reboot even more.

As for AJ, I haven't talked to the dude in almost... maybe 15 years? We would butt heads during the Proptopia days, but that's about it. I haven't really been keeping up with him. If I need something he posts in the shop, such as the bellows replicas, I'll purchase. I lurk and post on GBFans because I enjoy the fan interaction-- the same reason I've been posting in GB fan communities since the 90s. If it became something that wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it. I've made some great friends there. That's about it for me being "one of AJ's cronies". GBFans selling reboot merch and posting positive articles on Facebook doesn't bother me either way. I'm not sure why it would bother anyone, to be quite honest.

I guess you could say I'm not so much pro-reboot as I am pro-not being overly vitriolic. If you don't like it, fine. Wanna discuss? Cool. Being hateful-- go find something you're interested in. I guess I think there's too much bad stuff happening in the world to be so caught up in a corporate film property. Put that anger to use elsewhere-- where it's needed.

Again, excuse the stream of consciousness rambling. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back