Y-Wing Final Build Images - Bandai Kit

FrightMaker

Just finished the Bandai Y-Wing kit and installed some LED cockpit and engine lights from modeltrainsoftware.com. If you haven't done LEDs before, this guy provides great 9V setups with impeccable service. I hid the 9-Volt battery in a small wooden picture frame base and attached a small, push-button switch to the very back. I've always loved the Y-wing and can't wait to finish some projects so I can start on the X-Wing or MF!

20160123_160009.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20160122_163712.jpg20160122_163755.jpg20160123_155904.jpg20160123_155702.jpg

Oh, it's beautiful! I always loved the Y-wing... So is the Bandai model pre-built and you repainted it? It looks really nice!

Your Y-Wing looks beautiful. The paint and weathering is stunning and the lights really add a nice realistic touch. The base is a ingenious setup.

Your Y-Wing looks beautiful. The paint and weathering is stunning and the lights really add a nice realistic touch. The base is a ingenious setup.

Thanks so much Bwize! The kit was so well engineered and it was really a great model to build.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea for the lights and stand. The Bandai kits are great!

They really are! The 1/72 x wing is actually a bit small - I might have to consider the larger version for my next build. Thanks!

Nice work! I was just going to ask how you managed to route those wires through the model, given how small it is, but then read your solution above. Very clever. S!

Nice work! I was just going to ask how you managed to route those wires through the model, given how small it is, but then read your solution above. Very clever. S!

I was stumped myself until I realized the wires would be hidden perfectly on the outside. Haven't had that opportunity before. Thanks for checking it out!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back