Hasbro Tie Interceptor Elite conversion

Smashing work there, love those Hasbro Mods ;)

Finished turning the axle along with the new wing attachment system, The axle and the wing attachment system was made out of 6065 aluminum stock just in case anybody was wondering.

"]
28316614375_199ca9036e_c.jpg

"]
28316618235_c5cb8b9d4a_c.jpg

"]
28035022490_0af881bc99_c.jpg

"]
28238036861_29facc805e_c.jpg

Love your wing securing system. Going to have to figure out how to do mine.
Are you selling parts, perchance?

Love your wing securing system. Going to have to figure out how to do mine.
Are you selling parts, perchance?

I don't know just yet. But if you don't mind waiting a bit I might be able to work something out for you or anybody else interested in the wing system or parts for the hasbro tie fighter and tie interceptor.

Update
I started fixing the wings
"]
27536351233_d9c4638198_b.jpg

"]
28047796762_9b3285e934_b.jpg

"]
28034954190_1b85726bc9_c.jpg

started trimming those rounded inner corners

"]
28238003341_09378eaf42_c.jpg

What were you thinking Hasbro? oh wait. you weren't thinking. haha :facepalm

"]
28316548025_23190e186f_c.jpg

"]
27700389354_c234f51fc3_c.jpg

What glue did you use to glue the styrene strip to the wings? If I recall, those wings are that gawd awful plastic that they made the Hero MF out of as well.

TazMan2000

What glue did you use to glue the styrene strip to the wings? If I recall, those wings are that gawd awful plastic that they made the Hero MF out of as well.

TazMan2000

Yeah that plastic is awful to work with. I don't remember the name of the glue but I'll check it as soonest I get home.

Did you see the 1/6 HT Interceptor at SDCC...although not for sale apparently
LINK starts at about 27:45....and that Sideshow Rep woman is pretty annoying.

TazMan2000

The glue I used on the wings was Tenax-7R plastic welder this glue dries out pretty fast. I also used model master Liquid Cement, dry time is not as fast as the Tenax-7R but it bonds pretty good too.

Did you see the 1/6 HT Interceptor at SDCC...although not for sale apparently
LINK starts at about 27:45....and that Sideshow Rep woman is pretty annoying.

Thanks for the link. You are right that rep Susan is pretty annoying at times. It is a shame that they didn't show more of it, I was kinda hoping for them to show more or at least describe some of the features a side if the is not for sale Note. But oh well non the less the Tie Interceptor looks amazing.

Very sweet project, GTI! It is already quite impressive and not even finished yet (though, sometimes seeing all the work involved before the paint covers everything up really shows how impressive...)

On a philisophical note, don't let the 'toy' features get you down. Many of the things you're correcting were designed with consideration for fast & cheap production - very appropriate for a toy. The fact that any of it is useful as the basis for a display model build is a testament to Hasbro's dedication to making quality products when the name of the game is high volume and (relatively) slim profit margins. When you're finished, I expect it will definitely 'fill the bill' as a display piece.

One question: are those steel bolts you're using to screw into the aluminum armature parts? If so, I'd recommend using some plumber's silicone sealant "grease" on the threads to prevent any galvanic corrosion causing problems later.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back