Nuka Cola Test Print

falloutboy

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to share my take on the Nuka Cola bottle.
It's 7.75 inches tall and (obviously) water tight. Used water and some food coloring.
Edit: (Yes I know I embossed the logo - but I just liked the idea of having it that way- a throwback to old coke bottles)
While I liked some of the ones on thingiverse, etc. - they just weren't quite 'right' for me, (inconsistent or too thick of walls) nuka test.jpg20160705_232031.jpgso - here's my version 4.

It's a raw print, just out of it's IPA bath (resin printer), will be hitting it with Krylon Acrylic UV blocking gloss within a few days to get that shiny glass look.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Looks pretty darn good to me. At first I noticed the fins were a bit thicker than in the game, but then I saw that it was because they are hollow too. That is pretty cool.

Will a bottle cap fit on?

A standard cap will almost fit on. I'm using a cap-shaped stopper I printed currently. The piece of the neck that tapered that extra bit was cut off due to the supports pushing it past the max height envelope.
I could make a small insert that wouldn't look out of place- not sure I want to go the route of shrinking the bottle more to go down to that size- it feels perfect in hand at current size.

Thanks as well- it is really neat to see the fluid in the fins.

Last edited:
I would consider it- just not sure people would be okay with the cost? I don't think I would be willing to do a run- but one offs might be considered?

There are minor flaws.. let me know when I gloss one :)

I don't have a ton of free time with work- and wouldn't want to bit off more than I could chew.

gloss testing.jpg
Accidently tipped over V4 bottle and instinctively grabbed- will strip, wet sand and do-over, the fogging remaining is splotchy on the outside on it where I accidently grabbed it.

Incase you're curious on the changes-
V2 - the label was too large, solid fins. 100nm print.
V3- the label was a little low, some stretching. hollow fins. watertight. 100nm print.
V4 - the label (in our opinion) perfect. hollow fins. the inside on the bottom is dimpled. watertight. 50nm print.

Thoughts?

The raw one looks like you just pulled it out of the freezer :) I personally dig the embossed logo more than the in-game one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! I prefer the embossed look too (obviously), and took care to round the edges of the labels. Printing my take on a Nuka-Cherry today- so am looking forward to seeing it come out of the vat tonight.

Raw pull from last night and tonight- a (finally almost perfect!!) Nuka Cola, and a almost-perfect Nuka Cherry!

So incredibly pleased with the cherry. Will have my UV bath fixed tomorrow to do a quick final cure and start the gloss coating.

raw pull.jpg

It looks better in person- not sure how to describe it. The lighting and photos pick up a texture that simply isn't present. Although the ghost ripples are present- they're not 'feelable' with touch, and not very observable in person.

@mike-
There are water droplets that show thru from the inside .

Do you want me to take a pic of the newly cured raw bottles with liquid inside?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your plan for the actual bottlecap, are you 3d printing an actual game accurate version, or are you using a simple standard bottlecap?

I'll be printing a game accurate one. Just need to count the divits on the crimped edge to ensure its right- and nail the right flairing angle.
I am making a adapter for a metal cap as well on the end of a plug for a friend.

Soooo - it can be both? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also debating making a v5 of the bottle potentially. If so, it'd be so that I could make a good mold.

Anyone in the Seattle area good at molding and have a vacuum chamber/ willing to help ( I'd be willing to give a couple bucks or bottles , and get materials)?

I'll be printing a game accurate one. Just need to count the divits on the crimped edge to ensure its right- and nail the right flairing angle.
I am making a adapter for a metal cap as well on the end of a plug for a friend.

Soooo - it can be both? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also debating making a v5 of the bottle potentially. If so, it'd be so that I could make a good mold.

Anyone in the Seattle area good at molding and have a vacuum chamber/ willing to help ( I'd be willing to give a couple bucks or bottles , and get materials)?

If you are planning a game accurate one, you should check out Bill Doran's Nuka Cola 3D modelling, he does the cap and all

I'll check out his cap. I've looked at his bottles and his designs weren't quite up to what I was looking for. . Hence the designing my own ;-)

Thanks for the reminder :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back