Nuka Cola Test Print

YAY!! Printer is working with the gaming laptop!!

Now on to the quantum/ victory molding bottle!
---> test print :) test print.jpg

phew.
Quantum 'molding' bottle is printed. Giving the outer shells for the label a print now.

Also finished remodeling the neck - will have a 'threaded' neck now, and the cap will screw on.
Showing a cross section on the label's outer shell.

threaded and printing-1.jpg
label shel1.jpg

The battery holders, as shown - are integrated into the shell piece.

I don't believe I'll be able to mold that piece as previously noted, but it's a (hopefully) easy print, and fairly low
material cost. Also, since it's to be painted and covered by the vinyl label on the outside- it's color doesn't really matter .
But, it simplifies the installation of the two SMD strip lights, and wiring for the CR2016 battery clips.

Test fit- 85+ percent correct.
If I cut the lower 'locking' guide down, it should be perfect.
The mounting for the hardware for the batteries is perfect though, which is awesome.
The orange resin shows the sanding dust incredibly visibly, but wanted to show her off.
Threading for the bottle was connected successfully (yay!) and bottle cap is screw-on capable which is just awesome.
I can't remember who recommended it - but excellent recommendation!
The walls of the label / battery holder area are about a 1/2 a mm thick- I'm very much-so looking forward to fixing the lower locking guide, and wiring one up - hopefully tomorrow :)

20160802_010842.jpg

Trying to get them perfect ;-)
Printing the core for the mother mold now- should be done by morning. Then it's retooling the label piece again and reprinting a 3rd time. Hopefully it's the charm ;-)

The key marks you see on the inside of the label collar are for placing the light strips- which also serve as the inside "hinge " for the quantum bottles label collar thing.
Phew. Tired. Comments / ideas / thoughts welcome.

Yes - a LOT of revisions to the label collar to get things working correctly- had a short that was pretty bad due to the homebrew small scale wiring and terminal locations.

Just finished what I hope is the last needed revision to the collar today in between printing failures for the Aliens button project I'm working on with Tommin.

To give you an idea- I'm on revision 10 of the collar.... So have printed ~20 of the label collars, started wiring, found a issue, redesigned. Reprinted, rewired... Ugh.

Also moving next month- new house I'll actually have a shop!! Super excited :)

Not thinking a molded one will be PAX ready, but will likely have a functional resin print for PAX - which should still be awesome.

Next pay check I'll upgrade my account and we'll see where that takes things, I've optimized the non-food safe clear resin prints to a point where I think I can make them reasonable price wise.

:)

That is a very clever idea for lighting the Quantum bottles; I was wondering how you'd do it. That's a nice way to keep it hidden!
I'm interested in them! :D

Some tweaks to go- I found one more 'issue point' with them. However it might solve the molding issue as well. Keep posted :)

Collar is worked out well now- just bottle issues.

Just a peak at the current state.

Collar needs the label to prevent the silhouetting of the batteries, but I thought it would be good to show latest light test :)
Need to resolve some bottle issues- then it should be good.nuka q test.jpgnuka q test2.jpgnuka q test3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ack- noticed that the collar wasn't fully snapped in in the tilted outdoor shot. Bah.

And a standard bottle - not fully clear coated (which would give the shine / clear glassy look to the bottle).

nuka standard - comparison shot.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And yes- I know my paint is a little clumsy, have a issue with my right hand I'm recovering from.

Excellent progress so far! I must have at least one of these for myself and one as a gift for my brother.

Will your label be opaque enough to hide the battery shadows? Just an FYI, I work with printable, adhesive vinyl. For a truly opaque, printable label you need greyback vinyl.

Last edited:
Excellent progress so far! I must have at least one of these for myself and one as a gift for my brother.

Will your label be opaque enough to hide the battery shadows? Just an FYI, I work with printable, adhesive vinyl. For a truly opaque, printable label you need greyback vinyl.

Bonding foil to the outside before the vinyl wrap. Should be good :)

The bottles look great. I love the solution for the Nuka Quantum.

My only input is that I disagree on the bottle caps not being normal. I think it is just a case that the caps visible on the low-polygon models in-game are misleading. In either case the caps seem to work. See this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254385&page=2&p=3891673&viewfull=1#post3891673

Good call!
Hadn't really looked at the extracted textures - hadn't seen a high res capture yet.
That definitely settles it in my mind- I think the game is likely showing shadows from the other side as an indention in some way in game.

Thanks for repainting me there. Will take it in mind.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back