Tom's resin vader saber

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So who is going to paint or modify this resin saber from thd9791 aka Tom.
I found some photos in a search engine. Does anyone have plans to make it look like this or modify it, or just leave it the way it is. This can be a fun thread for those who bought Tom's kit as well as those that may like to buy one. Please share your opinions and photos.
Darth-Vader-Return-of-the-Jedi-Lightsaber-Energizer-Bunner-Commercial.jpgDarth-Vader-Return-of-the-Jedi-Lightsaber-Profiles-in-History-Compare-Energizer-Bunny.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the fence here. I will definitely paint mine however I may do some mods to it like add the hex head screws on the hilt and I have entertained the thought of real grips as well as real screws. I would love to hear other plans as well.

1467848440594-547219775.jpg1467848483624-426765727.jpg1467848553648645843821.jpg
Looking at the reference photos above, it looks more like the profile pics rather than the energizer pics. Any thoughts

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about paint too, certainly you can't go wrong either way. I encourage you to add real hex screws, just drill a hole slightly smaller than the threads and twist it in. As long as it doesn't need a lot of force you're doing it correct!

also, you're right it matches the profiles saber almost to the T

:unsure They look like the same saber to me, or , at least, the Profiles being a cast of the Energizer saber. The only difference I see is that the top "control box" greeb is just moved to under the shroud to mimic the flash bulb release before the mold was made.

I'm wondering if the Profiles saber and the original from which these were cast might have similar origins; they both look to be casts of the Energizer saber. The profiles' maglite-type endcap was ground flat, otherwise they look identical. If you watch the energize commercial, you can see the "bulb release" part is right under the shroud and not on the control box. It looks like the guys who pulled out the saber from the archives found the greeblie and were like "uhhhhh, this looks good" and put it on the control box for these photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait to get mine :)

Im assuming profiles is referring to an Auction saber? Still getting to grips with Vader sabers :)

:unsure They look like the same saber to me, or , at least, the Profiles being a cast of the Energizer saber. The only difference I see is that the top "control box" greeb is just moved to under the shroud to mimic the flash bulb release before the mold was made.
The card is also different and toms saber card matches the profile card rather than the energizer card. You can see the energizer card has disks on them and Tom's as well as the profile card do not.

There's also a shot of the energizer saber with a circuit board card edge! I think my control box is an impression from the glue/putty and whatever was underneath the card.

I should be able to share with you guys something real soon ( this week) but I'm going for extreme overhaul. So I'm not sure what you guys will think of my project.

I dont have the heart to touch mine. Ive primed it but thats all. I think adding grub screws, new grips etc takes the real history away from the cast itself.

Where did you get the chrome powder

I like it, looks great. I was thinking about using real t tracks and sanding off the resin ones.

Today I received the last part I needed to complete my build. Like I mentioned, it was a complete overhaul. I hope I dont get to much heat for this but its what I envisioned as soon as I got the cast in my hands.

I carved out the parts of the saber and made myself a resin kit of sorts. After seeing the Energizer commercial a few more times to get some reference I decided to go with a brushed aluminum tube and a Maglite end cap. Also made an activation card out of a 90's computer board and added an emitter that came from left over Heiland parts of my previous project.

( sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

IMG_2118.jpg IMG_2123.jpg IMG_2122.jpg IMG_2121.jpg IMG_2120.jpg IMG_2119.jpg IMG_2117.jpg IMG_2126.jpgIMG_2124.jpg

Today I received the last part I needed to complete my build. Like I mentioned, it was a complete overhaul. I hope I dont get to much heat for this but its what I envisioned as soon as I got the cast in my hands.

I carved out the parts of the saber and made myself a resin kit of sorts. After seeing the Energizer commercial a few more times to get some reference I decided to go with a brushed aluminum tube and a Maglite end cap. Also made an activation card out of a 90's computer board and added an emitter that came from left over Heiland parts of my previous project.

( sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

View attachment 664184 View attachment 664189 View attachment 664188 View attachment 664187 View attachment 664186 View attachment 664185 View attachment 664183 View attachment 664191View attachment 664190

Nice! I was thinking of doing the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back