Mace Windu is Alive...

Those three puppeteers inside Jabba can say that Jabba is still alive!!!

And let's not forget our dear friend Mr. Fett!!!

I'd rather see either of these two return (non-CG version of Jabba of course) than Mace Windu and that damn stupid purple lightsaber.

Mace Windu was dull, drab, seriously mis-cast, and went out like a loser......why people get the idea he was awesome in any way is bewildering to me.

Rich

SMJ asked to be in SW and Lucas created the character for him, so you can't say he was mis-cast. There was no casting for that character. I think more than anything he illustrated what Yoda said about the Jedi becoming arrogant.

Why is this thread still alive, that's the question.

He's the Boba Fett of the prequels. Everything jackson gets cast in is a bad casting choice. He's good at being foul mouthed and that's it.

i dunno man... still quote him when I'm looking for something around the house, "where's ma supah suit!?!"

and "Black Snake Moan" is maybe the best he's been on screen.

i dunno man... still quote him when I'm looking for something around the house, "where's ma supah suit!?!"

and "Black Snake Moan" is maybe the best he's been on screen.

When you are going to reboot the computer,....."Hold on to your butts!!

J

Why is this thread still alive, that's the question.

IMG_8268.GIF

In all seriousness, I think my major concern with Windu being alive (or most of the dead prequel and OT characters) is the same issue I had with the "fishbowl" nature of the PT.

The galaxy as portrayed in the original films is a vast, vast galaxy of which we're only seeing an extremely small part. Characters like Luke, Leia, and Vader are connected because they fall into the tropes of heroes being connected with villains. Whether it's a fairy tale where the bad person killed the good person's parents, or the good child was actually the secret heir to the throne who was stolen away or whathaveyou, there are long-established tropes of secret power/regnal legitimacy/etc. and we accept that because Star Wars is basically space fantasy.

In the PT, though, everyone's just connected as some form of elaborate call-back. Anakin built C-3PO. Chewie fought with Yoda. Palpatine may be Anakin's sorta-kinda-father through the Force. This makes the galaxy seem a lot smaller than it should be. It's not enough that 3PO enters the story in a similar way to R2 (e.g., as an otherwise anonymous protocol droid serving the Nabooian royal court or whatever). Anakin had to build him. It's not enough that droids (as evidenced by 3PO) seem to have some odd pseudo-religious notion of "the Maker." No, no, 3PO literally means Anakin. It's not enough that Chewie just happened to fight in the Clone Wars. No, he has to have been one of the generals alongside Yoda himself. It's like the deleted sequence from TPM where a young Greedo gets into a fight with Anakin in the street and is told he's gonna come to a bad end some day. I mean, seriously, these are just call backs for the sake of call backs, and they hurt the story.

Resurrecting Fett is...dubious. Understandable, but dubious. Similar story with Darth Maul. I haven't gotten that far in the Clone Wars cartoon, but man...that's...gonna be a heavy lift for me. The guy who was BISECTED AND FELL DOWN A BOTTOMLESS SHAFT OF ENERGY coming back does not make a lick of sense to me.

For Mace Windu to come back, it would just be too unbelievable. I don't care if he has the power of the Force. He had his freaking arms chopped off, he was shot with lightning, and blasted out a window at the TOP of a planet that is a giant city, then fell down until he disappeared out of sight. The only thing missing was a muffled >thud< and a dust cloud a la Wile E. Coyote.

Connecting everything to everything and continually recycling old characters is, to me, a sign of truly amateurish writing. I expect it from low-grade fan fiction. I expect a lot better from people who get paid to write.

Agreed.

As the SW franchise grew, George Lucas was going to increasing lengths to demonstrate that popular characters were really being killed for sure.

Maul, Windu, Fett . . . if all these guys can come back then there is no reason to worry about Han Solo being too seriously hurt in TFA. After all, we didn't actually SEE his body fall into a giant wood chipper and come out the other side in a squirt of red mush.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back