A-Wing ILM model decal survey

rbeach84

Sr Member
All, I have completed a survey of the decals applied to the original filming miniature using online resources such as 'Steve B's OneDrive image archive and the Modeler Magic reference archives. I've since produced two artifacts. One is a PDF of the decal artwork I've drawn of the original 1/24 Airfix Harrier decals - apparently the only donor sheet for the model - using a high rez scan of same as templates. It includes a ruler showing the original size as well as a proposed grouping of the graphics to allow for printing on clear and white decal films. Not nearly as complex as the 5-Footer Falcon, thank goodness!

The files are hosted on our local modeling club's website for easy access:

http://hamptonroadsscalemodelers.com/star-wars-a-wing-decals-of-the-studio-model/

Hope this is of use to any studio scale and other scale A-Wing builders. As always, appreciate any input on my efforts.

Regards, Robert

Not sure I'll every make a studio scale A-wing (Famous last words),
but thank you!!!

:)
L

Update: I compiled a placement map showing the locations of the decals, keyed to the tracker and artwork files. I used extracted images from the Bandai 1/72 A-Wing kit instruction sheet, cleaned up, as a shortcut to relay this information.

I posted it onto the Hampton Roads Scale Modelers club website as an update to my original article. The new PDF is found at:
http://hamptonroadsscalemodelers.com..._placement.pdf

Hope this helps!

Regards, Robert

Thank you, glad to help! Granted, meager repayment for all the assistance & 'edutainment' from the forum, but I suppose every little bit helps...

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back