New York Comic Con 2016

nope. got too crowded and unfun for me in 2013. and the ticket mess makes it almost impossible even after a 3 hour wait.

why reward them for a shoddy job?

Yeah, I almost gave up, actually left my desk at work,. went to pickup lunch, came back started eating lunch at my desk and 2 hours later it popped up saying I could buy tickets. The ticket system is terrible and they are no longer selling tickets at mid town comics. So local people cant buy in person which isn't cool. I looked last night and all the scalpers were on ebay, but a bunch of real fans couldn't get tickets. I hope the scalpers get stuck with every single ticket they bought.

nope. got too crowded and unfun for me in 2013. and the ticket mess makes it almost impossible even after a 3 hour wait.

why reward them for a shoddy job?

I managed to get a Sunday ticket (not what I wanted) after a roughly 2-hour wait. Not more than 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale a bunch were on ebay while thousands of us sat staring at our screens waiting for them to change. The new system is worse than the old one.

Even when you purchase, you're not done. Today is some other damn thing you have to do to actually verify your ticket, which probably means another long wait. Terrible system.

I managed to get a Sunday ticket (not what I wanted) after a roughly 2-hour wait. Not more than 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale a bunch were on ebay while thousands of us sat staring at our screens waiting for them to change. The new system is worse than the old one.

Even when you purchase, you're not done. Today is some other damn thing you have to do to actually verify your ticket, which probably means another long wait. Terrible system.

I thought that was the fan verification thing that was done before?

now there is some extra step?

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, bud, but guess what....

Everyone who bought tickets yesterday has to perform another step today. If you don't, your ticket is deleted? No doubt it will be another long wait to get through. Total pain in the arse, and, frankly, ridiculous.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, bud, but guess what....

Everyone who bought tickets yesterday has to perform another step today. If you don't, your ticket is deleted? No doubt it will be another long wait to get through. Total pain in the arse, and, frankly, ridiculous.

Agreed 100%. What a pita.

Got a Saturday and Sunday ticket. If you followed all their steps it was pretty easy. Also, concerning the scalpers there is no way to one hundred percent get rid of them but this sure did lower it. Also if no one buys the tickets from the scalpers by July thirteenth the ticket will be refunded and be available for purchase. If you have a ticket you must assign it to a verified fan by the 13th. Easy for me. Now im pumped for a fun two days

Thursday through Sunday, after an hour and twenty minute wait. SDCC was so much easier, once you actually got into the ticket system. NYCC could take a LOT of lessons from how they've been doing it. While I was in the waiting room, I popped over to eBay and there were already people posting up tickets that they would assign to you for a crapload of money....what a circus.

But at least I get to rock out as Captains America and Britain this year...

I really wanted Saturday, so I guess Ill let my ticket expire and try for a Saturday when they become available. Glad some people got the tickets they wanted. Wish my phone alrm went off and I wasnt late

i got a table again this year, but they made it definitely harder to get than previous years. Most likely due to the fact thats its gotten just as good as SDCC and they've upped there game.

I was able to get 2 for Sunday. Got them assigned for myself and son who is 13. How are they going to verify that at the door? I have ID of course but my son doesn't being only 13.

Over at Facebook people are going ballistic....too bad ReedPop isn't taking a page from the other major cons and using a bit of common sense with their rules.

Over at Facebook people are going ballistic....too bad ReedPop isn't taking a page from the other major cons and using a bit of common sense with their rules.

I dunno...

I don't see it as that big a deal if you can't bring in a more realer looking sword.

A Storm Trooper blaster rifle might be a different story though.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back