Star Wars Bandai Kit Paint work!

Just a suggestion- i use pastels for weathering as well, and I used to use those standard fat Q tips which tend to get big and fuzzy after a while and makes it very hard for fine detailed streaks.
I suggest picking up a super fine tip brush from the art store.
Make sure the tip is extremely short.
The longer the tip the harder it will be to maintain tension for laying down pastels.

I have about 8 different brushes for weathering.
Some are soft tipped for laying on really soft subtle streaks, some are harder tipped for laying down darker streaks.
Different shape tips also help as well.

If you want to get really dark pinpoint blast marks, then pickup the small modeling Qtips.
They are extremely dense and dont get fuzzy.
Just dip the tip onto the pastel dust then press the tip onto the model, turn the q-tip a few times (like youre trying to drill into the model) then pull away in the direction you want the streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow cool! I didn't know they had small modeling Q-tips, will have to check that out. The regular ones do indeed get fuzzy and fall apart really fast. I've been pulling some of them apart to make the tips smaller, which has worked out, but not the most efficient way to make the very small marks. The brushes work out pretty well though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back