VIDEO: Prowse suiting up as Vader, 1976

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, I realize that this may have been posted years ago, so before I get JediFyfe'd on this.... it's new to me, and I think bears a repeat viewing.

I had only ever seen a small portion of this clip, the few seconds of Prowse donning the Vader dome on the original "Making of Star Wars" TV special from the 1970s.
This clip is a minute and a half, and for some reason I find it fascinating. Especially when Prowse yawns at the 28 second mark.

Hard to believe this was 40 years ago...

BONUS

Here is a 1980 interview with Prowse and the ESB suit... notice the RAW, unmodified flash handle on the Vader suit, and Prowse says, "No, that's not the one I use"

Last edited by a moderator:
I can almost hear the tabs clicking together when the helmet is set on the mask.

Also, who's gonna be the one to start a whole research thread to replicate that Graflex?:lol

nice to see these again, thanks..... IIRK. lucasfilm effectively "sacked/disowned" Prowse after his comments in the second interview clip because of his "black/negro voice" comments........ When I saw Prowse at a convention in Harrisbug, PA, in the late 90s, he was vocally critical of George.....

Last edited:
nice to see these again, thanks..... IIRK. lucasfilm effectively "sacked/disowned" Prowse after his comments in the second interview clip because of his "black/negro voice" comments........ When I saw Prowse at a convention in Harrisbug, PA, in the late 90s, he was vocally critical of George.....

I don't think it was comments like that.....in fact, at a time before political correctness,....he spoke very delicately in that clip,....& that was edited for a kids TV show.....it was his comments to the press about the plot,...or what he thought was the plot

J

He wasn't much better in Pittsburgh around that time either when I saw him. He was the only person in the entire comicon that was selling autographs and it wasn't going over as well as I think he'd hoped.

I think there are a few that have already pieced that one together, mine only needs. A lick of paint at the top :)

Silver -UNmodified- Kobold flash unit (D-ring added), shoven into a Graflex top (no glass-eye, no red button), partially painted.
A couple of these builds surfaced already, yes :)

For some reason I thought there was a front and back underneath the top of the helmet. Mind Blown, and I feel a little silly :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back