Kanan Jaruus Lightsaber

cboath

Master Member
Here's where it's at so far. 31 pieces and 12 1/2" long.

Breaks down into two pieces. I figure a good 1/2" magnet in each half should hold it nice and tight as well. There were a few good shots of the emitter half's bottom side. Interestingly there were 3ish different ends i could find on the the grip half. They were all fairly blurry but you could still make out differences. I went with the one that seemed most logical.

The only part i didn't have a good screen shot of was the back end of the pommel, but every thing suggests it's flat with a tube on it to hold the d-ring. Additionally, I scaled it with the shroud at 1.375" (35mm) OD.

I can put it onto shapeways if people would like. If anyone wants to do a run through a shop, i'm willing to team up as well.

Attachments

• KJ001.PNG
    KJ001.PNG
    95.4 KB · Views: 202
  • kj1.PNG
    kj1.PNG
    172.4 KB · Views: 601
  • KJ002.PNG
    KJ002.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 223
  • kj2.PNG
    kj2.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 186
  • kj3.PNG
    kj3.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 586
  • kj4.PNG
    kj4.PNG
    360.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
At first, I never cared for Kanan's saber because of the oversized emitter "dish." But it's kinda grown on me.
I'm interested in getting one.

Kinda like with TFA - i think this had some McQuarrie design in it. The original design in the 70's had a dish like that - only bigger IIRC.

Looks really great!
Wonder what's going on though.
Thought that there isn't enough love for the Kanan Jarrus saber. It's one of the coolest canon lightsabers ever.

Still waiting to hear back from someone if they want to turn it into a run. He's got a lot on his plate, so I don't know when i'll hear. But, i'm hopefull :)

How easy would it be to make the hilt hollow for electronics? I don't think that you had that in mind but there are those who want fx sabers so they would prefer a hollow version for electronics.

I honestly don't mean any disrespect to anyone's opinion or likes or dislikes, but why can't people just be satisfied with what's being presented here?

The man has designed what he's designed. It is what it is. A pretty accurate Kanan saber that'll function (statically) pretty much like what's seen on the show. If our needs are such that we want a hollow hilt for electronics, or a specific opening for a specific diameter blade, then why not commission one in the JY?

That being said, can't wait for these to be available. Now, off to the WTB section to line up someone to print me one when it happens.

Sorry for the impatient rant.

Carry on...

LOVE it.....I honestly would say that based on the design in the show...a 7/8" blade would be perfect for this....if it happens Im in been waiting for one to show up

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back