--- 1:1 Vader's severed hand w/ lightsaber - DONE! ---

dmpsk8

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm proud to show this crazy thing off after a few days of work. I've always wanted a severed Darth Vader hand, but wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd seen. I initially planned to put a high end ROTJ saber in here, but ended up using a cheap (albeit less accurate) hilt that I could weather and damage.

The hand is hand made of wood and wire. All the fingers can be positioned individually. The hand is removable from the base, and the hilt is removable from the hand.

I'm considering doing a second one with more expensive parts. Either way, pretty happy with the results:

VadersDefeat_06_zps6b8zzn5y.jpg

VadersDefeat_05_zpsc6nh0ras.jpg

VadersDefeat_02_zps3o0updoc.jpg

VadersDefeat_04_zpscbj8oqxs.jpg

VadersDefeat_03_zps82t2lkyh.jpg

VadersDefeat_01_zpsrxwo9yqn.jpg

VadersDefeat_CU_05_zps8xq2gpty.jpg

VadersDefeat_CU_04_zpset9wmzaq.jpg

VadersDefeat_CU_03_zpsa4e4x5yl.jpg

VadersDefeat_CU_02_zpswrj2awby.jpg

VadersDefeat_CU_01_zpsorbycwjr.jpg

VadersDefeat_09_zp****i2xgp.png

VadersDefeat_07_zpsxicituki.jpg

VadersDefeat_08_zpsmb8iuejz.jpg

Last edited:
Re: --- 1:1 Vader's severed hand prop w/ lightsaber - DONE! ---

Considering the fate of the Second Death Star, I think for it to be truly authentic, it'd be just a pile of dust.:lol

This is amazing! The detail is crazy. When you say "a few days of work" is that like a team of 10 people working around the clock for a week?

Awesome build!

Congrats... absolutely awesome :D

Amazing! Great pics indeed.

That's awesome!

Appreciate that. This thing deserved some nice pics, so I didn't want to skimp.

This is amazing! The detail is crazy. When you say "a few days of work" is that like a team of 10 people working around the clock for a week?

Hahaha. No, just me. I picked up all the components awhile back, but never finished the build. I was tired of procrastinating on it, so I bit the bullet, put in a few long days, and here we are.

Looks great! Never thought of this as a display piece :)

Any plans to do his son's fleshier hand variety? Ponda Baba's severed arm? Maybe a pair for Dooku, with his head?
You could have the creepiest Star Wars replica collection ever in no time! :lol

It's just sitting on an LED panel for the photos. It does make me think about building a light table surface to display it on though.

That would look great.I really wanna build this prop one day also..but I´ve limited space.:cry

Amazing ... totally believable ... well done ... I'd clap my hands if it weren't from one being severed by some stupid G R A F L E X lightsaber mishap :wacko

Chaim

Any plans to do his son's fleshier hand variety? Ponda Baba's severed arm? Maybe a pair for Dooku, with his head?
You could have the creepiest Star Wars replica collection ever in no time! :lol

Luke's hand is tempting. Someone on the board did a skeletal one recently. No plans for Ponda's arm, and definitely nothing prequel related in my future. Haha.

Wow! That is stunning. Tempted to start mine now.

Do it up! I'd love to see someone else's approach to the idea.

Amazing ... totally believable ... well done ... I'd clap my hands if it weren't from one being severed by some stupid G R A F L E X lightsaber mishap :wacko

Chaim

Ha. Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back