Quick Anakin AOTC Saber Question

OBIWANJALOPY

Hope no one minds if I ask what is probably a pretty basic question.

My lovely wife bought me a great birthday present: two MR static hilts: Anakin's from AoTC and RotS.

They are both is fine condition. The RotS saber is about the size a graflex saber should be (although it is obviously not made from an actual graflex.) The AotC saber, however, is significantly thinner and a an inch or so shorter. Is that the correct sizing for a static MR AOTC hilt? It almost feels a little funny in my hands compared to all the graflexs I've held.

Just want to make sure I wasn't ripped off and that the AotC saber is actually just a bit smaller.

Apparently haden had small hands. It's loosely based on an MPP. The OD of an MPP is about 1.5". From what i've been told, The Anakin AoTC is 1.25" which is about 17% smaller than the MPP.

I actually love that hilt because it was loosely based on an MPP. That felt like very cool evolution for later lightsaber props by the same character. Congrats!

Is the MPP the same size?

Man, I wish I had unlimited funds. I want an MPP so badly (I'd gladly take a replica) but don't want to order from parks with the 8-12 month lead time and no communication.

Man, I wish I had unlimited funds. I want an MPP so badly (I'd gladly take a replica) but don't want to order from parks with the 8-12 month lead time and no communication.

Nah, the MPP is similar to the graflex in diameter, and again the ATOC saber was much thinner and a bit shorter.

I'd try to look for "Darth Vader Lightsaber Replica" on the Bay. Parks' older MPP replicas are spectacular and since they're not Master Replicas but look like it, people sometimes let them go for cheap!

I remember doing a comparison back after AoTC came out. IIRC, proprotionally it was pretty close. The grips are different types and the clamp is in a slightly different parameter. Seems as if the design concept was to knock of an MPP and then they tweaked the design a bit.

Still bummed i never got mine from TriCloudWalker

I've always contended that they used the Visual Dictionary picture of the Icons Vader Replica as a basis for the Anakin AOTC saber. You can even see how there appears to be the side channel on the Vader due to the reflections in the chrome.

Attachments

• AOTC Compare to Icons from VD.jpg
    AOTC Compare to Icons from VD.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 195
I've always contended that they used the Visual Dictionary picture of the Icons Vader Replica as a basis for the Anakin AOTC saber. You can even see how there appears to be the side channel on the Vader due to the reflections in the chrome.

This is a fact. The prop team used the 1 photo of the Icons Vader from the VD to 'design' the Anakin AOTC saber.

The reflection line in that photo down the side is why the Anakin saber has that cut-out groove on the side. Plus the control box shape and the Heiland style/Icons bulb release.

It has the same 1.25-1.3 diameter as the rest of the PT sabers.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back