Rubies supreme vader helmet

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have seen some rubies supreme vader helmet mods so I decided to give it a go. I bought the newer model I believe because its only dated from 2015 and the other mods I have read are older than that. The model is 4991 and has TFA packing. Not too sure if there as been any changes from the older helmet so I will post some photos to get feedback on this. I will have some questions on this mod, and so far the main one would be, where can I find lens upgrades as well as trusted tusk upgrades unfortunately, the majority of these builds are older and pictures are gone and the vendors that did have parts aren't really apparent any more.

The biggest question is, where can I find full helmet dimensions so I can begin to rebuild this helmet to a more accurate display.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

1466478321643371609987.jpg1466478372501-547219775.jpg1466478422068-426765727.jpg1466478487447645843821.jpg
I can't tell from the photos however it appears to have a different finish from the earlier dated rubies.

The finish is the same as it was on the 2004-2005 Rubies helmets. Originally the helmet was sold as an 'all black' EP3 vader helmet, although the helmet was a modified mold Rubies got from Don Post so it's really the OT Vader and not the symmetrical EP3 design.

But then to make things weirder Rubies replicated the 2-tone silver/black paint job of the OT in shiny and matte plastic but kept it EP3 all black.

Hi Kevin, looking at those photos it seems to be no different from the one i modded about 2 years ago ( and it did not seem different from ones years earlier) . many who did their mods ordered the lenses and tusks replacement from Fenixprops, i have been told that the size is fairly correct.

Last edited:
Hi, here is mine, in my case modify it and made a mold of on to pull a piece of fiberglass, and I also served as a model for my version Skull, is an excellent project, I hope to stay as you wish.
2016-04-28%2017.57.35_zpsddr1hkth.jpg

I've just started modding my Rubies Vader helmet so will be following this thread for tips. I've already heated the mask to take out the neck flair, and received lenses from FenixProps (didn't think to order tusks at the same time, doh!), so I'll be starting a topic soon once I've started on the eyes.

Dan

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I buy the lenses from Vader painter on Ebay, and the tusk from lordzacharius on ebay too, and here is my album of the Vader modification in FB
https://www.facebook.com/abraham.pu...10153454071948462.1073741843.521983461&type=3
What a terrific mod. Looks great and I like your skull version as well. Very creative. Can't tell from the pics but did you use red or smoke color lenses? Also, where are you getting the measurements for the mods. Thanks for posting this and it will surely be a go to once I start mine.

I've just started modding my Rubies Vader helmet so will be following this thread for tips. I've already heated the mask to take out the neck flair, and received lenses from FenixProps (didn't think to order tusks at the same time, doh!), so I'll be starting a topic soon once I've started on the eyes.

Dan

Looks like we will be doing these together, or at the same time any ways. Right now, I'm just trying to do all my prep work and getting parts together. I like to have as much info as possible before jumping in. Sounds like I have some great leads on lenses and tusks. BE sure to post your thread so I can follow along. Good luck with the mods, and thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Dan

Looks like we will be doing these together, or at the same time any ways. Right now, I'm just trying to do all my prep work and getting parts together. I like to have as much info as possible before jumping in. Sounds like I have some great leads on lenses and tusks. BE sure to post your thread so I can follow along. Good luck with the mods, and thanks

What a terrific mod. Looks great and I like your skull version as well. Very creative. Can't tell from the pics but did you use red or smoke color lenses? Also, where are you getting the measurements for the mods. Thanks for posting this and it will surely be a go to once I start mine.

thanks for your comments, the lenses are dark and measurements are with reference images :D.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back