Anton Yelchin dead

Shared by a friend on Facebook: apparently, this is the kind of guy he was...

13507026_10154278598674158_2766433830111063946_n.jpg

:cry

See? THIS is a freak death and a "way too young" kinda thing,most of the rest of the deaths this past year has been old age or someone's lifestyle playing catch up so I don't get people getting all wound up about 2016,granted the reaper is on a roll this year...

They'll replace him,Chekov is too big a part of ST to not do so.

Sad to hear this, prayers for his family. So much potential lost in such a manner, terrible to hear.

Man, what a loss. I really liked him in everything I've seen him in. I always looked forward to seeing his next film. Such a good actor. This really sucks.

They'll replace him,Chekov is too big a part of ST to not do so.

I'm not too sure they would do that. Recasting roles after an actor has taken multiple outings as the character have become pretty frowned upon by viewers IMO, and especially in this case when the new Trek will be one of his last big roles. If they were to re-reboot the series sure, but in continuity I don't think viewers or even the crew would be happy to go on without him playing the character. When it's a death that pulls an actor from future outings vs contract disputes/etc. you can't even lampshade the change with a joke (like when Cheadle shows up in IM2) because it would be in bad taste.

I can't believe it. He's just 2 years older than I am and... oh man. A month before Beyond comes out too. Horrible. :(

What a damn shame. I'd seen him in many films and he was always great in them. What a damn shame. RIP Anton, you will be missed.

Still in shock from hearing this tragic news today!!! I loved his film roles and was looking forward to seeing him in Star Trek Beyond....there will now be tears when I go to see it.
Such a tragic, tragic loss...my heart and my prayers go out to his family and friends....

RIP Anton

Wow, this came from nowhere! Real shame to not go only go so young but the way he went; he was basically crushed to death. I've not seen Green Room yet but knowing this happened to him, I don't know how I can sit through it without thinking about this.

What a tragic and sad end.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back