Budget Mercury suit

Just a little longer, trouble editing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I've been working on the helmet and realized the right dide is more curved than the left, so I'll fix that and then it should be ready for the silicone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
nice work... i see you looking at your (really beat up!) phone and checking measurements...did you find a measured drawing of the Merc helmet?

nice work... i see you looking at your (really beat up!) phone and checking measurements...did you find a measured drawing of the Merc helmet?
Umm, actually no, those were just reference photos for the lip there (and also putting on some Bowie!).

really impressed with the amount of time you're putting in to this....thought I might throw out a couple of suggestions for future pieces you may wish to construct...do an online (or local) search for "styrene sheet" which is the stuff that model planes are sometimes made of...it is thin and as easy to work as that corrugated cardboard you're using but it allows you to construct precise shapes with an exacto knife or pair of scissors and glues easily with model airplane cement...also, as for neck ring...take a look at subwoofer spacer or mount rings...I am looking at a pair on that big retail site that are made out of mdf with a recessed edge for like $10 bucks...my point being that you sometimes can find dirt cheap items out in the premade world that can save you hours of time...but, that being said, it's great to see your process and follow along on your great build...really great videos

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back