1:1 Arnold Terminator Bust - good source for hair?

Helmetman

Hi guys

I'm currently working on a 1:1 Arnold bust. It's a cast from T3 but unmodified (no endo elements etc..) so I'm deaging him and making him into a T2 bust.

I have elements in place (eyes etc..) but I am still at a loss where to find decent hair for such a project.

I know you can source fairly cheap wigs and such from Ebay but none seem suitable for the big man.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'd be very happy if you could help me as this is my first dip into 1:1 busts :thumbsup

Thanks, Steve

Have you considered trying mohair ? You can buy it readily on ebay and although it is a bit of a bind sticking it on, it outweighs the look of using a wig.

I'm interested in seeing what you have so far, I'm a bit of an Arnie fan myself!

This is my T2 Arnie Airbrished by our own streetjudge. I used a short female wig, and belive me its still a lot of work using a wig. I had to cut and glue for this thing to look right. I would not want to punch hair or glue anything one at a time. NFT said they would punch in Hair for me for $10, 000 thats when I started searching for wigs. I took the Bust with me to find a close enough wig that fit and closely matches Arnies color in the movie.
GoodArnie.jpg

IM009428.jpg

Wow! Thanks guys. Stunning photos.

Can I ask where you sourced the wigs from? Are they online?

Also, how much are we talking to get a wig that I can fit and cut myself?

I'm guessing NOT cheap.
Cheers, Steve

You can pick up a human hair wig from ebay for about $60-80, the good thing about human hair is that it can be bleached, dyed and styled repeatedly.

Wow! Thanks guys. Stunning photos.

Can I ask where you sourced the wigs from? Are they online?

Also, how much are we talking to get a wig that I can fit and cut myself?

I'm guessing NOT cheap.
Cheers, Steve
I took the Bust with me to the flea market, they have TONS of beauty shops in there that sells wigs, all kinds. I went to 3 stores trying on wigs on this thing, people thought I was crazy. Oh, you can get nice wigs for $50-$100 depends on what you want.

Been doing a little research. I can get human hair wigs fairly cheap on Ebay, they are for women though, means I can cut them down - which is fine.

What I'm a little worried about is, buying one and it not being the correct skull cap type. Some cheaper wigs are 'gathered up' clumps of hair that are attached to a cap. Others are the individual punched ones.

Imperial Knight, which type did you buy? Can you remember?

The reason I ask is that you've done a really good job on his forehead hairline (which is the bit I'm worried about looking hokey if not done correctly).

If I can source a similar wig type (skull cap wise) as yours - then I can achieve the same great effect as you.

Again, thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Steve :thumbsup

I could see how the hairline could be a problem. How about using a cut down wig with the cut hair punched into the first inch of the hairline and then blended into the wig fixed further back? It would give a hand punched look but save a lot of time.

Thats a good idea - thanks!

So like mixing the application of it. Where it matters, spend the time punching, then blending the rest where it isn't as crucial.

I'm leaning towards human hair right now.

Imp Knight and PH Archivist - did you opt for human stuff or synthetic?

Cheers, Steve

Been doing a little research. I can get human hair wigs fairly cheap on Ebay, they are for women though, means I can cut them down - which is fine.

What I'm a little worried about is, buying one and it not being the correct skull cap type. Some cheaper wigs are 'gathered up' clumps of hair that are attached to a cap. Others are the individual punched ones.

Imperial Knight, which type did you buy? Can you remember?

The reason I ask is that you've done a really good job on his forehead hairline (which is the bit I'm worried about looking hokey if not done correctly).

If I can source a similar wig type (skull cap wise) as yours - then I can achieve the same great effect as you.

Again, thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Steve :thumbsup
Steve, here is the model and model number I used. Eva Gabor Petite You, color 8c. This wig was small but I cut it up and made it work, once I cut the two straps in the back on both sides the wig opeoned up a bit larger. Just make sure you fit and get everything in the correct position before you Hot Glue this baby down, or else you are in trouble. The way this wig was designed, made it very easy to cut to fit. Plus you will have extra Hair from the endo side you cut off. My wig was synthetic.

Hi

I managed to obtain a wig from Ebay. Fairly long human hair.

I'm scared to progress and mess it up :) Do you suggest gluing into place whilst it's still long? Then I have my position ready to snip off the side with the endo elements?

It's quite possibly the most delicate thing I've had to do to date!

Aaah!

Steve

Throw the wig on the Bust and lets see how it looks. Post some pics. If its too long you have a lot more work cut out for yourself, hope you know how to Cut and style Hair. Dont glue anything until you are sure if the Hairline is in the correct spot. Start Gluing from the left side working your way to the back and across to the Endo section, then carefully start trimming around that area, hot glue small parts at a time around the endo area as you trim.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back