Faux "edible" dead mouse for short film

jbartol827

Looking for some advice. I need to create a fake mouse that a character can stab into and take a bite. We have some actual dead mice for other shots, but in one shot the actor needs to actually stab it and take a bite.
My thought was to make a mold of one of the dead mice with resin or similar, and then fill the mold with a deep red jello? Not sure what to do from there in terms of adding fur, etc.
One factor that makes the "realism" of the mouse a little more forgiving, is that the mouse is to be covered in beans (for the story, the character finds the mice in a can of beans).
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure wouldn't want to put any type of fur, real or fake into my mouth.

My suggestion? Clever cuts and editing. If that's a no-go, and it's going to be covered in beans anyways, I'd skip the fur all together.. Probably sculpt a new mouse instead of molding a dead one as well.

You'd probably want to use a food safe silicone for the mold too. You know what they say, safety third.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back