Star Wars Legacy - Imperial Knight Armor finished

Korbanth

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally completed the master, molded it, and laid in RED GEL COAT, then Fiberglass to make my costume complete. I wore it to Celebration 4, and had people hanging all over me, wanting to know where they could get the same armor. yes, its as nice in person as the pics look...the pics DO, DO IT JUSTICE....

So just for reference, I found many people have never read the LEGACY comic books, and didnt know who these characters are - so heres the reference shot:

swlegacy6oi32.jpg

and here is my armor -

redarmor.jpg

with myself wearing it..

IK1.jpg

IK8.jpg

These two photos are with The CREATOR of the Star Wars Legacy comic for Dark Horse - she was overjoyed to see me, and took about 30 photos of me, and hinted at needing a new character in her comix, and asked if I wouldnt mind being drawn..of course I turned as red as my armor...

Quinlon Vos guy in costume is actually her model used for this characters creation, so you could say, I met the actual Master Vos in person.

IK3.jpg

IK7.jpg

I will start a possible Interest thread if anyone wants to get a set of red IK armor for their own. I am doing a small run simply to pay back the large amount it cost me to commission someone to make these for me.

I haven't read any of the Legacy comics, but I've seen some of the designs, and this uniform is one of my favorites. Excellent job, and congrats on possibly appearing in a future issue!

Last edited:
Thanks - I missed the 501st group photo on saturday night or I might have been in the photo. I was in the C3 501st group photo - as the only Blue Senate Guard costume...wish I could have been the only Imperial Knight in the C4 501st picture.

Out of the 10 sets I contracted a fiberglass/sculptor to make for me, 6 of them have been sold already to costumers who want to wear their Red Imperial knight costume to the various upcoming conventions. So 4 sets are still up for sale, and then I will see if the demand is there for a small second run.

These runs were mainly to help finance the sculpt, molding and making of 10 sets. My original hopes were to have more than just me at Celebration 4, and it would have happened if the first chest didnt come out too small..so it was resculpted and finally came out nice.

so again, email me at rlj41@cox.net to inquire about this armor, and even all the soft parts, as I wont have this around for more than a few weeks...

Thanks
Korbanth

Looks like you had fun at the Con! Great costume!

p.s. Thanx for reminding me to read all of those Legacy comics that I've been saving for a rainy day. Costumers really seem to LOVE this comic! Guess I'll have to actually dive in to the series to find out for myself!

for those who like Hasbro figures, they are confirmed in doing the Imperial knight and another Legacy character in a comic 2 pak early 2008

Impressive! Nicely done!

Been a fan of Legacy and Imperial Knights since Free Comic Book Day 2006, my first 501st troop!

Hey that small chest sculpt would it fit a skinny guy who is 5 10?

actually the normal chest would fit better. the smaller one is for someone like 10-13 year old under 5 feet tall. (it wasnt made intentionally for someone that small, it just came out like that) good thing the final chest worked better.

Korbanth, they printed a pic of you in armor in the last issue of Legacy. Legacy characters was the theme, you and the two Darth Talons (red twileks) at C4! Grab the issue while it's on the shelf.

yeah, I saw it..cool. it would be great If my face turned up as a character like some others who've inspired the artist.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back