3D Printed Life Sized Thanos Head

Shotzy

I bring you yet another project I'm currently working on, a life sized Thanos head! I found a great 3D model of Thanos's head and thought it would be fun to try and make a full sized print of it to go along with the Infinity Gauntlet I'm wrapping up. I had to slice this thing into a lot of pieces because of how big it was, and because I don't have any 3D printers with a print bed larger than 8.9 x 5.9 x 5.7 inches ... But I've finally finished printing and assembling everything tonight and wanted to share my progress with everyone here!

IMG_7116.JPGIMG_7124.JPGIMG_7155.JPGIMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7148.JPGIMG_7150.JPGIMG_7198.JPGIMG_7207.JPG

Now I have a lot of filling and sanding ahead of me! As you can tell there was some warping on the larger parts because of being printed in ABS, but I wanted to do everything in ABS because I could fuse all the parts together by using an acetone/ABS slurry mix. After I finish patching and sanding everything down I'll post some update photos for anyone that's interested!

-Sean

Attachments

• IMG_7204.JPG
    IMG_7204.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7203.JPG
    IMG_7203.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:
UPDATE:

Bet you thought this project would never see the light of day... yeah me either :) Alas, PROGRESS!

IMG_3789.JPGDBC8BEF1-3324-4A78-993C-FFA15FF813CF.jpg369678FC-D054-43A4-B9BE-279EF65FF9B7.jpg

More to come! I've decided to incorporate this Thanos head into a cosplay I'm working on, so progress will be more regular now!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back