Stranger Things (Netflix)

Look, you guys! Eleven has hair!

Stranger-Things-Entertainment-Weekly-Cover-stranger-things-40224166-375-500.jpg

She looks almost like she could be Dustin's sister. :D

I still have all of those from when I bought them in 1979.

Nice. I actually have 2 copies of the DMG and PHB. One I got at a sidewalk sale when I was probably...11 or 12? It also had the B/X set for D&D. But then 2e came out, and I got all of those books. Never got a chance to play, though. After watching Stranger Things, I got the bug again and started thinking "You know...when she's old enough...this would be a great thing to do with my daughter, if she's into it," so I bought all the other books off of ebay recently. I'm stunned at how good condition they were, considering that my old DMG was missing all of the cardboard covering the spine, and the PHB was pretty beat up.

Lucky, I have no idea what happened to my copies, they probably got thrown out by my parents.

Just hit ebay. You can usually find lots that have 'em, or you can buy individual books.

I still have all my gaming stuff. Still have my original copy of Chainmail from the early 70s.

Impressive! That's pretty rare stuff!

Nice. I actually have 2 copies of the DMG and PHB. One I got at a sidewalk sale when I was probably...11 or 12? It also had the B/X set for D&D. But then 2e came out, and I got all of those books. Never got a chance to play, though. After watching Stranger Things, I got the bug again and started thinking "You know...when she's old enough...this would be a great thing to do with my daughter, if she's into it," so I bought all the other books off of ebay recently. I'm stunned at how good condition they were, considering that my old DMG was missing all of the cardboard covering the spine, and the PHB was pretty beat up.

I haven't played D&D for decades, but my kids have always loved RPGs and all other kinds of games and we play all the time, at least when they're home. In fact, today is my youngest daughter's birthday and she's getting a couple of games. Back in the day, I had two copies of all of the AD&D books, kept one on the shelf and used the other. The one that was used fell apart, the one I kept on the shelf is still in near perfect condition. Had all of the boxed editions too and still have a ton of those crappy red and blue dice in my dice bag.

I just watched the series. I know...very late to the party. Loved the show. Loved it. My ONLY problem is with the monster. The CGI pulled me right out of it. As did it's flower-looking face. Just wasn't scary. :unsure

Besides that...what a ride!

I just watched the series. I know...very late to the party. Loved the show. Loved it. My ONLY problem is with the monster. The CGI pulled me right out of it. As did it's flower-looking face. Just wasn't scary. :unsure

Besides that...what a ride!

Same here. Just finished it and absolutely loved it except for the CGI. They showed the monster too soon and too clearly. A behind the shadows practical effect would have been much better in my opinion.

I think this one just falls back on poor design that translates into, what we assumed was, poor CGI.

True, but if you go by what the CG haters like to believe there's no way that the demogorgon could be bad since it's practical and the worst practical always trumps the best CG. Guess that ain't so.

A shrine to Barb? Looks like they had no idea how popular she'd be with the fans (character and actress) and since they can't backtrack on the "Barb is dead" they've gotta do something to acknowledge her

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back