A few DST Trek ship questions

Skippy2k

Hello, since it's been awhile since I have really collected the DST ships I wanted to ask a few questions since there have been various re-releases and I just realized one which I thought was the same apparently is two different versions... I've kept most of the ships I had opened and displayed but sold off most of my duplicates that were still in the boxes except for two which I still plan to for new things but I've wanted to come up with a way to display the various Enterprise's and hopefully eventually Defiant/Voyager.

The way I was thinking of displaying them wouldn't be lighted but I got to thinking about something that I wondered if were possible since I hadn't really ever seen it but it appears they do exist. An ac connector that takes the place of the standalone batteries that might allow the lights to run without running down batteries all the time. Has anyone ever used/tried one of these?

How this related more to the ships is that I have the first releases of the TOS Enterprise, the two pilots and the production version as well as the NX which as I understand it use what I've heard called rice bulbs? I don't really know anything about them other than I had seen they are less bright and have died in some cases so I was wondering where the new NX release uses LED's does the newer TOS Enterprise's as well? I guess the HD and what looks like another since the HD without the apparent rust ring?

The Ent D and B have always on lights right but not the Enterprise A, only like 20 seconds or something? Figured I would upgrade to the newer NX and the classic if it used LED's now as well. Also there still isn't an lights on version of the E is there?

Just trying to figure out if what I have in mind is feasible as far as lighting them for longer periods of time, whether there would be issues. The easier route would just to not but the more I think about it I thought it might be cool. Still debating too whether to stick with the DST ship route or trying actual models but for prebuild/prepainted ships they look pretty good.

Any help or info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back