Fixed Up My Vintage Kenner Millennium Falcon For My Kids

matty matt

Sr Member
I recently dug my old Falcon out of my parent's basement and decided to fix it up for my boys (ages 5 and 2). They love Star Wars.

We got this at a yard sale in the early 80's and everything was broken or missing, but I loved it anyway.

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

The main colors are on and the broken stuff (ramp, cockpit, quad gun) have been repaired. I used a Lego hinge to fix the ramp. It works great! I also got little metal aerator screens to fit in the back vent parts.

IMG_3747.JPG

Weathering has begun!

IMG_3756.JPG

And here it is finished and put back together. My wife made a face and said it looked dirty. Success! This was a rush project because I promised it would be ready for my son's preschool graduation.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3779.JPG

And it's been handed off to the next generation.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! We've been playing with it all weekend. Some classics never go out of style.

exactly the best part is it was yours, you used it and now you get to hand it down. it will be really cool if he uses it, keeps it and hands it down to one of his children

Cool!

Have to try this on my spare vintage Falcon as well :)

LOVE the black and white pic of your son playing with it, drawn into his imaginary world!!!
How old is he? I am afraid mine would break it (at 2 1/2 years of age)

Last edited:
i promised myself I wouldn't cry.........:cry....great story and wonderful to see young peeps loving Star Wars. I did the same thing when my kids were little.....Dad and Junior modelling Star Wars together....awesome and it looks great, well done Sir!!;)

Thanks guys. :)

Cool!

Have to try this on my spare vintage Falcon as well :)

LOVE the black and white pic of your son playing with it, drawn into his imaginary world!!!
How old is he? I am afraid mine would break it (at 2 1/2 years of age)

Markus, he just turned 5. I also have a 2 year old who loves this stuff as well and he's definitely a little rougher. Oh well, these things are meant to be played with, right? I have lots of glue.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back